Hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl
Hi everybody and welcome to a new Top Ten Tuesday! In honor of Thanksgiving in the USA, today I’m listing 10 reasons why I’m thankful for books. Let’s go!
- Books allow me to go on adventures I couldn’t otherwise, like flying dragons, going to a magic school, defeating a dark evil, and so on.
- (Audio)Books keep me entertained during my daily commute. And ebooks are always available on my phone when I’m waiting somewhere and need something to do.
- Books allow me to travel and see other countries/cities, even when I can’t leave the house.
- Books teach me empathy and challenge the way I look at things.
- Books taught me I’m never alone in feeling a certain way.
- Books are there to calm me down at the end of stressful day.
- Books are there to distract me and help me get out of my own thoughts when I’m stuck in an anxious spiral.
- Books have helped improve my English so much (since I only read in English).
- Books got me blogging, which in turn thought me so much about websites, social media, copywriting and graphic design.
- Books brought me the bookish community and that’s just priceless.