Hi everybody, and welcome to my October wrap up!
October’s been pretty weird, as I finally made the decision to take a semi-hiatus from blogging. I wanted to take this time to work ahead and prepare some posts so I can stress less about getting posts up in time. Alas, we’re 3 weeks further and I’ve prepared exactly 0 posts yet so oops… this hiatus may take a bit longer than expected…
In the meantime, though, read on to see what I’ve read, listened to and watched last month.
EVVIE dRAKE sTARTS oVER BY lINDA hOLMES
This was a nice contemporary about Evvie, whose husband died a year ago, and Dean, who used to be a great baseball player until one day he wasn’t. Since Evvie’s house is too big for her, she rents part out to Dean and in the process they get to know each other and both learn to move on. I enjoyed this story but I also didn’t think it was super memorable.
Rating: 3 stars
king OF sCARS BY lEIGH bARDUGO
So this book. I’ve been so intimidated by it that I’ve been trying to read it for months. But I finally found the solution – get the audio and listen to that. And it was the right solution for me because I finally finished and OMG I love it so much. Nikolai still owns my heart, but I’ve made some room for Zoya. And Nina of course. Though I’m happy I finally read it, I’m also sad because now there’s a massive cliffhanger and I have no idea when the next book will come out.
Rating: 4,5 stars
Slaying monsters for the Feeble by Annette Marie
Can I say anything else at this point other than ” STOP SLEEPING ON ANNETTE MARIE, WORLD”? Every single book this lady writes is gold and this latest release is no exception. Check out my review for the full rave.
Rating: 5 stars
TOP TEN TUESDAY
- 1 October 2019: Books I’m avoiding because they intimidate me
- 8 October 2019: The 6 character traits I will always love reading about
Umm, September was like 70% Dreamcatcher and honestly so was was October.
Dreamcatcher – Good Night
Yep, I still adore this dark, atmospheric, rock-inspired group so much <3 In October I was still addicted to the slow, emotional Deja Vu, but I also replayed the darker Good Night and the epic Piri a lot.
Stray Kids – Double Knot
Stray Kids had a new single this month, so naturally I listened to it a ton because I love this group. Double Knot is not my favorite song by them unfortunately, but it’s still nice and catchy and just a solid Stray Kids song. I’m so sad about Woojin leaving the band though, as he’s an amazing vocalist, but I wish him all the best!
SuperM – Jopping
Of course I also listened to the newest super group and I immediately got hooked to Jopping. The choreo is so powerful and fun.
Linkin Park – Castle of Glass
For some reason I felt very nostalgic this month, which resulted in me listening to a lot of Linkin Park. Especially this Castle of Glass was on repeat a lot. Also, I miss Chester.
Monsta X- Follow
I love this song, but I am also so sad and angry about Wonho leaving the band. As a 30-something woman, I never thought I’d be upset again about a band member leaving a band (I remember when Panic! At The Disco was 4 members and I survived that 😉 ) but the whole Wonho situation is just so unfair. Stop expecting your idols to be perfect and cancelling them for the most minor scandals.
Monsta X- Find You
Make me cry, why don’t you. Yay for the Hyungwon love though.
Sorry still no TV this month…
Things that made me happy this month:
- Pixel! Yes, still loving my little pup (even though she’s not so little anymore: she’s now 18 kg and is starting to walk me instead of me walking her. Note to self: start powertraining to grow some muscles.) You can check out her instagram: @pixel_missrose (yes, we made an instagram account for our dog)
- My Annette Marie birthday surprise. My sweet, sweet husband gave me the best birthday surprise I could have ever asked for. He wrote to Annette Marie (my favorite author) and asked her to send me a message for my birthday. And she did! I got the nicest birthday card and some signed goodies and I love it! I was so surprised that my husband even knew who Annette Marie was (honestly I wouldn’t have blamed him if he tuned me out every time I went on one of my raves) and that he arranged this surprise for me and that she took the time to actually do that… I’m in awe and legit cried when he gave it to me.
THINGS I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:
- Holiday week!
- Taking a break but also catching up with blogging.
- QUEEN OF NOTHING! QUEEN OF NOTHING! QUEEN OF NOTHING!