Hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl

Hi everybody, and welcome to a new Top Ten Tuesday!

Today is all about our summer TBR. Now, normally, this is the time where I make a list of all cute contemporaries I want to read because for some reason summer means contemporaries for me. But not this year. This year, because of moving and adulting and stuff, I have an unfortunate backlog of a lot of books that already came out earlier in the year that I REALLY want to get to. SO the summertime, when life usually gets a little less busy, seems like the PERFECT time to catch up.

Here are twelve books on my Summer TBR:

The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi
Slayer by Kiersten White

King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo

This has been my most anticipated book since before it was even ever announced. I’ve been wanting more Nikolai since I first read about him all those years ago. So naturally I got this book the day it came out. And naturally I have not even started it since….

The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi

It’s a heist story set in 1889 Paris featuring a band of lovable characters. NEED I SAY MORE? Except then there was all the hype and I got a bit intimidated and haven’t even started it.

Slayer by Kiersten White

Buffy the Vampire Slayer was one of my very first tv obsessions. To this day I still love the tv show with all my heart. To revisit the world of vampires and slayers and get to know new characters is just a lovely bonus.

Again But Better by Christine Riccio

The Tiger At Midnight by Swati Teerdhala

This cat-and-mouse game inspired by ancient Indian history and Hindu mythology has been on my TBR for too long!

If I’m Being Honest by Emily Wibberley and Austin Siegemund-Broka

All I needed were the words ‘inspired by ‘Ten Things I Hate About You”. And of course ‘Taming of the Shrew’, but really all I hear is Ten Things I Hate About You. Reminder that I still need to read this duo’s previous novel as well!

Again, But Better by Christine Riccio

I already love Christine’s booktube channel, so I’m super intrigued by her first novel! Plus, the theme is just so universal: haven’t we all wanted to do certain parts of our lives over again – again, but better?

Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

We Hunt The Flame by Hafsah Faizal

Ancient Arabia + woman masquerading as a man + magic + Prince of Death = I WANT IT! And I’ve wanted it for too long already.

Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

“They’re not the heroes we deserve. They’re just the ones we could find. Nobody panic.”
Misfits in space. Misfits in space! Misfits in space!! Read it now! Read it now! Read it now!

The Candle and the Flame by Nafiza Azad

The cover drew me in and the fact that it’s a historical, feminist fantasy set along the Silk Road is what sold it to me.

Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan

A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer

Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson

Another whimsical fantasy by Margaret Rogerson AND an enemies-to-lovers AND the power of libraries? The only question is why I haven’t even started this yet.

Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan

The plan is to read this gorgeous f/f fantasy in time for the sequel releasing in November. I can do that right?

A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer

After falling in love with Brigid Kemmerer’s writing earlier this year, this Beauty and the Beast retelling only got an even higher spot on my TBR!

Tell Me:
Have you already read and loved some of these?
If so, which one should I definitely start with?
What books are on your summer 2019 TBR?

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Goodreads

50 thoughts on “Books On My Summer 2019 TBR (AKA The Summer I’ll Try To Catch Up On All The Amazing New Books I Missed While I Was Adulting) {Top Ten Tuesday}

1. Melanie Parker says:

I’ve read several of these and enjoyed them all but I need to catch up on at least half of these. Not sure if I’ll get them done this summer though. Tis the dream LOL Good luck!

2. Rissi JC says:

I’ve heard AMAZING things about ‘Dark and Lonely.’ I don’t think I’ve seen anyone (on booktube) say a bad thing about it. Makes me more excited! Hope you enjoy Emily and Austin’s; I didn’t love their first novel, but I hear this one is way better, and of course, like you, I’m curious to read Christine’s. 🙂 Hope things are settling down for you, Lindsey. Happy summer reading. 🙂

Ah yeah I’m so excited for Dark and Lonely cause I’ve also only heard good things! Sorry you didn’t enjoy the first novel of Emily and Austin, here’s hoping I may enjoy it more… Thanks Rissi, and happy reading to you too!

I think Slayer looks super fun. 🙂 And those last three covers- Sorcery of thorns, Girls of Paper and Fire and A Curse So Dark -look awesome together haha. I love all the covers lately!
    Greg recently posted…Tuesday Tagline #146My Profile

4. Davida Chazan says:

My list is very short. Still, I love reading these even when I’m not participating (I just published another author interview on my blog instead). You might want to take a look – Jane Davis is an amazing author!

Haha, no unfortunately there is no end to adulting, just a little less of it hopefully now that the renovating and moving is over 🙂 Hope you’ll get to King of Scars and A Sorcery of Thorns soon!

5. Veronika @ Wordy and Whimsical says:

I’m really excited for Sorcery of Stones – I’ve been hearing amazing things about it, and I really liked the author’s debut, so I’m fully expecting to love this novel. I’m also excited for King of Scars, but I think I might wait until the second novel is out, and binge them haha, I hate waiting for sequels. Hope you’ll love all these novels!
    Veronika @ Wordy and Whimsical recently posted…High Hopes: 10 Books We Think We’ll AdoreMy Profile

I loved An Enchantment of Ravens too, so I’m also excited for Sorcery of Thorns! Haha, you’re right, I hate waiting for sequels too, but on the other hand… it’s Nikolai… so not sure what I’ll do 🙂

6. Angela says:

I’ve been seeing A Curse So Dark and Lonely around a lot lately, and people seem to really be enjoying it! Hope you enjoy all your books and get some good reading time in this summer!

7. Brittany says:

Haha this is basically the same list I would create of amazing new books I missed. But adulting is overrated 🙁 Haha I just missed them because I have too many other books to read! But I do want read The Guilded Wolves, We Hunt The Flame, Aurora Rising, Sorcery of Thorns, Girls of Paper and Fire, and A Curse So Dark and Lonely. I actually have copies of all of these haha
    Brittany recently posted…The WifeMy Profile

8. Jessica at Booked J says:

HELLO TO ALL OF THESE BOOKS. Some I’ve read (Again, but Better) the rest are on my TBR, too. I won a copy of Slayer (and a few other books) during a giveaway back in, like, May, and I’m SOO excited to get to it. And for you to get to it–and the other titles on here–ASAP because I definitely look forward to hearing your thoughts! Happy reading!