Hi everybody, and welcome to my January wrap up!
January usually takes forever, but this year it has really flown by. A lot of that has to do with the fact that A) we are in the final stages of renovating and moving in February, so things have been HECTIC and B) I started my new job, which added another level of excitement and busy to my life this month. As a result, I’ve been slacking in the blogging department again and I’m afraid this’ll still last into February and maybe even March. I’ll be around as much as I can, but please be patient with me and know posts and comments may be very sporadic for a while longer.
For now though, here’s my January wrap up!
JOsh + Hazel’s Guide To Not Dating by Christina Lauren
I wanted something fun and fluffy to start of my 2019 reading year and was in the mood for romance so I figured it would be a good idea to start with some Christina Lauren. And I was not wrong! Though Autoboyography still holds the spot of my number one Christina Lauren book, Josh and Hazel now take second place with their adorable friendship and romance. Hazel was such a refreshing and unique character and I loved her instantly. Josh was a sweetheart and together they were glorious.
Rating: 4 stars
The Wicked King by Holly Black
The sequel to The Cruel Prince was my first highly anticipated 2019 release, so of course I had to dive in immediately after receiving it and well… I finished it the next day? It was definitely too short. I needed more. Way more. But what I did get? AWESOME. I only regret that now the wait for more story will take FOREVER. Also, Cardan, I hate you. But I still love you. (I am confused).
Rating: 5 stars
Two Witches and a Whiskey by Annette Marie
I was so lucky to have received an ARC copy of this other highly anticipated release by my favorite author. And what do you know? It’s another HIT! If you love funny urban fantasy, I highly recommend this series. My full review will follow later this week.
Rating: 4,5 stars
Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
My first audiobook of the year (and ever) is in! I already watched the movie a few months ago and loved it, so I thought I’d try the book and since I’m driving more nowadays I figured it would be the perfect time to try it as an audiobook. And though I loved it, and loved comparing it to the movie, the only downside for me was TOO MANY CHARACTERS. It took me a long time to remember them all and their relationship to each other and I was confused often. But I loved the story and I am especially intrigued with how Astrid’s story continues. Anyone read the sequels? Do you recommend?
Rating: 3,5 stars
TOP TEN TUESDAY
- 1 January 2019: My Favorite Books of 2018
- 8 January 2019: Most Anticipated Released for the First Half of 2019
- 15 January 2019: New-to-me authors I read in 2018
Top Ten Tuesday was on hiatus for the last part of January because I was too busy with renovating and moving stuff…
Quote It Wednesday
On hiatus in January…
2019 started off with more kpop. I definitely had a few song obsessions this month:
Oneus – Valkyrie
How is this a debut group? They are soooo good and I love this song. I played it on repeat for the entire month and I’m still not close to sick of it. Must check out the rest of the album soon.
Seventeen – Getting Closer
This was already released a while ago, and I liked it then already, but only started playing it on repeat now because it only came on Spotify with their album release this month. My love only grew with the repeat listens 😉
Seventeen – Home
This release took me a bit to warm up to, but now I’m in love. It reminds me a lot of Thanks, which is my favorite Seventeen song.
Ateez – Say My Name
Honestly, I’m still warming up to this new Ateez song. I like it, but I’m not in love yet. That said, it has definitely been a fixture in my January playlist.
Honestly, with the renovations and move coming up, I haven’t had the chance to watch a lot of TV or movies this month. I watched some episodes of Suspicious Partner, but I’m not done yet so I’ll save it for my February wrap up probably (really like it so far though).
Things that made me happy this month:
- Our house has a floor! I know it’s weird to love a floor, but I’m so happy with it. Plus it was the first real sign that it was becoming a house, a home even, and not just a construction site, so I am excited.
- We started hanging wallpaper and painting, so our new home is really getting to the finishing touches now.
- I started my new job! I’m currently still in training, but am loving it so far. I’m learning new things and people are really nice and though it wasn’t an easy decision to quit my previous job for someone who hates confrontation and is afraid of change, I am happy I made the decision and am looking forward to what the future will bring again 🙂
- My blogoversary – it’s been three years since I started blogging and I still think it’s one of the best decisions I ever made. Thank you all for being such a great community!
THINGS I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:
- WE WILL FINALLY MOVE INTO OUR NEW HOME END OF FEBRUARY!
- In somewhat related news, I am looking forward to the first weekend after moving, where I can just relax in my sofa again. I miss my sofa…
- READING KING OF SCARS! I received it but still need to start reading… I am both excited and nervous.