Here’s my March wrapup! March was an average reading month, but I did finally read some hyped books for #hypebusters2k16.
What I read
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
- Cress by Marissa Meyer
- Winter by Marissa Meyer
- In The Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken
- Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
- These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
The books I picked for #hypebusters2k16 were Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (and consequently the entire Lunar Chronicles series), Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover and These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner. All reviews are linked above, but here are my short opinions:
The Lunar Chronicles
Worth the hype? YES! Cinder was ok, but as of Scarlet I started falling in love with this series.
Worth the hype? Mixed feelings. Loved some parts and hated other parts. Will definitely try another Colleen Hoover though.
These Broken Stars
Worth the hype? Eh, not sure. I really liked the book, but I’m also not super in love.
Other blog features
Top Ten Tuesday
- 29 March 2016: Ten Recent 5 Star Reads
- 22 March 2016: Ten Books I Really Love But Feel Like I Haven’t Talked About In A While
- 15 March 2016: Ten Books On My Spring TBR
- 8 March 2016: Ten Side Characters I Love
- 1 March 2016: Ten Books To Read If You Are In The Mood For A Fairytale Retelling
Waiting on Wednesday
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff (read)
- The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye (read)
- The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi (read)
- Crystal Storm by Morgan Rhodes (read)
- Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima (read)
- The Intergalactic Book Tag (read)
- 25 Bookish Facts About Me (read)
- The Mortal Instruments Tag (read)
- Ratings and all-time favourites (read)
What I listened to
DNCE – Cake by the Ocean
Halsey – Colors
What I Watched
- The 100
This season continues to break my heart!
- Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.EL.D
So happy Fitzsimmons is back on my screen.
- Once Upon A Time
I love Greek myths so I’m very happy this season we will meet Hades, Hercules and co.
What’s on the April TBR
Keeping my TBR small this month so I don’t stress myself to read, though I’m pretty sure I will be able to read more than 3 books. My picks:
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
- The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski
- The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine
I really need to start The Lunar Chronicles series! I’ve heard endless amazing things about it. I’m hoping to get to it this month. Colors by Halsey is such an amazing song, I love it so much!
The Lunar Chronicles is really great, I hope you’ll enjoy it!