Hi everybody, and welcome to my October wrap up!
AND ALSO, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
Given my recent personal developments, I’ve still been a little M.I.A. this month, so again apologies to all my blogger friends! I’m hoping to catch up with all your blogs very, VERY soon. In the meantime, I’m hoping you’ll all have an amazing Halloween! Let me know how you’ll be spending today!
On the reading front not a whole lot of actual reading happened either, but there were some amazing releases this month and some of those I already started on, so that’s a definite plus. Musically, I continued my trend of listening to the same band over and over again and tv-wise… nothing at all happened.
So let’s just get into what I did do during the magical month of October!
Mirage by Somaiya Daud
I made the mistake of starting this book at the most busy part of the last few weeks. As such, it took me three weeks to finish this, which the book itself was in no way to blame for. I was just so exhausted I kept falling asleep after only reading 2-3 pages. BUT… though this reading experience definitely put a bit of a damper on my enjoyment of the book overall, I am well aware that the story itself is NOT at fault. I did love the story, I loved the characters and the worldbuilding was so well written. Though I wasn’t a fan of the romance and found it a tad too insta-lovey, I did greatly enjoy the complex relationship between Amani and Maram. Looking forward to the sequel!
Rating: 4 stars
The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee
One of my most highly anticipated releases of 2018 and let me tell you, IT. DID. NOT. DISAPPOINT. I adore Felicity so much and am thrilled she got her own story. Even more than Felicity, I loved her little band of friends she gathered thoughout this book and all the feminism and girl power this book radiated, all the while staying true to the time period. Felicity underwent some lovely character development, we saw Monty and Percy again and though not quite as funny as Monty’s story, I still laughed a lot so I’m calling this book another Mackenzi Lee win!
Rating: 4,5 stars
Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas (re-read)
Guess who started her Empire of Storms re-read just 2 days before the Kingdom of Ash release? Yes, that would be me. Naturally, it took me longer to finish than 2 days and I had to stall my reading of Kingdom of Ash a bit, but I’m still happy I did this re-read, because I HAVE GOLDFISH BRAIN and the re-read helped clear things up. What it also helped me remember? How much I love this series! Also, that I am serious Manon and Dorian trash, because I never loved two characters so, so much as I do these two.
Rating: 4 stars
Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas
Okay, I’m not technically done yet (I’m around the 75% mark), but OMG I will need to talk about this soon! So far I am loving every minute, but also scared of what the end will bring. Also, I still love Manon and Dorian with all my heart. BUT ALSO SO MANY OTHER CHARACTERS AND I DON’T WANT ANY OF THEM TO GET HURT ANY MORE!
Check out my stop on the Three Mages and a Margarita blog tour for my review of Annette Marie’s latest! Also, LAST DAY TO ENTER THE GIVE-AWAY!
TOP TEN TUESDAY
- 2 October 2018: Books By My Favorite Authors I Haven’t Read Yet
- 9 October 2018: The Longest Books I’ve Ever Read
- 23 October 2018: Villains You Just Can’t Help But Root For
- 30 October 2018: Ten Songs For Your Halloween Playlist
Quote It Wednesday
On hiatus in October…
On hiatus in October (meaning my participation in it)…
Hi, my name is Lindsey, and over the past few months I have forgotten any other music than Stray Kids exists. Except for the occasional Monsta X and BlackPink this month, that is.
SOME OF MY FAVES THIS MONTH:
Stray Kids – I Am You
This is the song that owns my heart. I already loved Stray Kids, but this song is so soft and makes me feel so emotional and happy and… I just love it okay? And let me just say that even though Bang Chan already got into my heart from the first time I heard his lines in District 9 and that love grew with each following song, music video and meme, it is his soft intro to this song (and the blonde hair) that really carved his place in my Stray Kids loving heart forever. Together with Han, whose rap is gold but who throws me off with his awesome vocals EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. And every other single member, because this is a truly talented group. Stopping this Stray Kids rave now…
Stray Kids – It’s Raining (cover)
Sorry, I have a bit more rave in me, because YOU JUST NEED TO CHECK OUT THEIR COVER OF IT’S RAINING, NOW! It is gold and I love them doing this sexy concept, though the age difference is also making me feel just a tad uncomfortable…
Monsta X – Shoot Out
Talking about sexy concepts… these boys really brought it! And this rapline is gold, easily one of my favorites out there!
Dua Lipa and BlackPin – Kiss and Make Up
I love Dua Lipa. I love BlackPink. I love this collaboration. Music video soon, please?
What is TV? What are movies? I seem to have forgotten this past month…
But you better believe I will be watching The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina tonight!
Things that made me happy this month:
- October is the best month of the year and I will adore it forever!
- HALLOWEEN IS TODAY!!! (And my birthday, shhh)
- So many amazing book releases that I haven’t been able to start yet, but am sooo looking forward to starting.
- My favorite author, Annette Marie (you may have heard me mention her name once or twice on this blog…) gave my blog and review for the Three Mages and a Margarita blog tour a shout-out, not once, BUT TWICE this month. Once in her newsletter and once in her Facebook group. She said she loved my blog and review and linked to it. It not only broke my personal record of daily views, it also killed me because OH MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST EVER!
- I am You by Stray Kids and how it is still doesn’t get old after all those repeat listens I did.
- My husband made me waffles (I kind of helped too, but it was mostly him). And hot chocolate. It’s officially waffles and hot chocolate weather!
- Though our renovations are not going as easily or as quickly as I would have liked, we are almost done with tearing things down and almost ready to start building things up again, which I’m calling a WIN!
THINGS I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:
- EXO Comeback.
- Hopefully getting some good TV or movie binges in.
- The release of Annette Marie’s Dark Arts and a Daiquiri, the sequel to Three Mages and a Margarita.
- MORE HOT CHOCOLATE!