Title Love: Books With Unique Titles {Top Ten Tuesday}

171024 Book Titles

Hosted by The Broke & The Bookish
Post header background: Designed by Kjpargeter / Freepik

Hi everybody, and welcome to a new Top Ten Tuesday!

Today is all about book titles. I can imagine that coming up with a great, unique title for a book is one of the hardest things out there. Because, no matter how much I love those titles with kings, queens, princes or princesses in them, they’re not exactly inspired either. But once in a while, there are books out there where the title alone draws you in. No matter the cover or the content. Sometimes that bookish love at first sight happens purely based on the title.

That’s what happened with me and the following books!

Some of the book titles I personally love for so many different reasons. All brilliant book titles if you ask me!

Tash Hearts Tolstoy by Kathryn Ormsbee Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets of the Universe how-to-repair-a-mechanical-heart-by-j-c-lillis

Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli the-gentlemans-guide-to-vice-and-virtue-by-mackenzi-lee They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera

illuminae-by-amie-kaufman-and-jay-kristoff Amy and Roger's Epic Detour Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me by Mindy Kaling

Winner in the category of ‘Best consecutive titles in a book series’:

The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken In the Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken

And some fun book titles of books I still need to read:

The Princess Saves Herself In This One Pride And Prejudice And Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith Nice Dragons Finish Last by Rachel Aaron

WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE Book titles? Do you love it as much as I do when a book has a fun, Intriguing or just overall unique title?

40 thoughts on “Title Love: Books With Unique Titles {Top Ten Tuesday}

1. Nina says:

Love the titles of the books you listed. The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue sounds amazing, but I did hear mixed reviews about it. And I read ‘Is everyone hanging out without me?’ & adore that book. It’s a great book when you just need a good laugh.

Thanks! I personally loved The Gentleman’s Guide To Vice and Virtue, so I hope you’ll enjoy it as well if you choose to pick it up! eIs Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?e was indeed hilarious 🙂

2. Literary Feline says:

I agree, these are all great titles! They definitely would make me want to take a closer look! A few are already on my TBR stacks, in fact. 🙂

I admit my favorites from your list are The Princess Saves Herself in This One and They Both Die in the End. There’s something to be said for straight forward catchy titles. 🙂

Thank you for sharing!
    Literary Feline recently posted…Tuesday Favorites: Not So Much Unique Titles as a Common Word Shared – Books Read With Daughter in the TitleMy Profile

3. Rebeccah says:

Oh wow, the “consecutive book series” titles are awesome! I don’t read a lot of series (or maybe I’m just extremely unobservant), so I’ve never seen anything like that (and I’m a little annoyed I didn’t think of it myself, haha). I’m discovering so many new book through this meme, thanks for mentioning them, now I’ll have to check them out based on how intrigued I am by their titles alone!
    Rebeccah recently posted…Spellbound : SynopsisMy Profile

I love the consecutive book series title one too, though I’ve only ever seen this one myself as well 🙂 Weird that more authors don’t chose to go this route. Thanks, hope you’ll enjoy any books you choose to try!

Oh I’m loving your selection of book titles here! I especially love Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour, it’s such a fun title. I haven’t read the Darkest Mind series, but I just love how these titles follow each other like that? I like them all together for sure 🙂 Did you read and enjoy the whole series? 🙂
    Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books recently posted…Favorite, anticipated books and some other bookish questions answeredMy Profile

Thanks Marie! Yes, Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour made me want to read it asap to find out more 🙂
      Yeah, I love the book titles for The Darkest Minds series! Makes me wonder why more authors don’t choose to go that route, it’s so fun 🙂 I read the series a few years ago and I really liked it! Not sure if I’d still like it now as I overdosed on dystopians a bit, but I’m still super excited about the movie coming up.

AH thanks Di! Hope you’ll love all of these when you get to them 🙂
      I really liked The Darkest Minds series, even if it’s not an all-time favorite. It was an intriguing world, I loved the characters and I’m a sucker for normal people with powers storylines. Really curious about the movie now!