I read a lot of different genres of books, both adult and young adult, though I do go through stages. When I was about 9-14 years old I read either Babysitters Club, Goosebumps or Animorphs. Between 14 and 18, I was addicted to thrillers (Nicci French), romance (Nicholas Sparks) or classics for school. When I was about 20, I discovered Harry Potter and got into YA. When I read the Hunger Games I added YA dystopian to the list. And at the moment a lot of what I read is YA or adult fantasy. I do try to mix it up and read lots of different genres, though I do tend to love fantasy the most.
My current favorites include:
- The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. (Duh. This series is magical and does not lose any of its magic even after all these years and after dozens of rereads or rewatches.)
- Anything written by Sarah J. Maas. I adore the Throne of Glass series (Celaena is pretty much the best character ever!) and fell in love with A Court of Thorns and Roses as well.
- The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. I was in awe first time I read it. I also think it’s one of the best book-to-movie adaptations out there lately.
- The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugho. I devoured this series in about 3 days.
- The Under the Never Sky series by Veronica Rossi. Gorgeous books with a great cast of characters.
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir. Only one book out yet in this series so maybe it’s a bit early to call it an all-time favorite, but oh boy, did I love this one!
I like to read about 50 books a year, which would be roughly 1 book a week. Sometimes it’s more, sometimes less. I do have a lot of other hobbies which I like to balance and which may also seep through on this blog. In the same line of storytelling, I love a lot of movies and tv shows (with a special place in my heart for book-to-movie or book-to-tv adaptations), I love dancing (ever since I was a little girl), fitness (well, I mean I have a fitness subscription… somewhere), all things marketing related with the Vinyl Cutting Machine Guide and hanging out with my awesome husband or amazing friends. I love spaghetti dinner dates, going to concerts and having movie marathons. There are so many things out there to fangirl about, there’s no reason to stick to just one!