180109 TTT Post of Shame

Hosted by The Broke & The Bookish
Post header background: Designed by Freepik

Welcome to a new Top Ten Tuesday! Today I’m putting all my shame out there and presenting you with the twelve books I totally meant to get to in 2017, but didn’t… (and the worst part is that I had to cut down this list so badly just to get to only twelve… *nervous laughter*)

But here we go! Feel free to point out the books you read and loved and feel like I should absolutely just READ ALREADY.

Red Rising by Pierce Brown Written in Red by Anne Bishop the-hate-u-give-by-angie-thomas

Red Rising by Pierce Brown

In my defense, I did start reading this in 2017… at the worst possible time, namely in the mid of my reading slump. I’m about a hundred pages in and remember liking it, I just really need to pick it back up.

Written in Red by Anne Bishop

I know I’ll love this series. It’s got everything I love. Multiple fellow book bloggers I trust rave about this series. I just need to start!

The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas

I have no excuse. This is terrible. I promise I’ll get to it before the movie comes out!

Ruined by Amy Tintera Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas lord-of-shadows-by-cassandra-clare

Ruined by Amy Tintera

It’s been on my posts-of-shame for years. I’ll get to it. Someday. And I’m sure I’ll love it.

Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas

How did this happen? I don’t even know. I blame the 2017 reading slump. And maybe also an overdose of ‘mates’ and ‘feasting’… But it’s also Chaol and I love him.

Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare

Well, at least the wait for book three won’t feel as long now haha…

Warcross by Marie Lu Wonder Woman Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff

Warcross by Marie Lu

It’s on my kindle. I just need to… you know… start it.

Wonder woman: WarBringer by Leigh Bardugo

In my defense, I did see the Wonder Woman movie AND read Leigh Bardugo’s Language of Thorns in 2017? Yeah I know, it’s a poor excuse…

Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff

What happened in book one again?

Always and Forever Lara Jean by Jenny Han Lucky in Love by Kasie West Eliza and her Monsters by Francesca Zappia

Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han

It’s the end of an era and maybe I’ve been procrastinating this one because I’m afraid of what can happen. Or maybe I’m procrastinating because I remember close to nothing about the previous books. Who knows?

Lucky In Love by Kasie West

I binge-read every single Kasie West book but haven’t started this one. Keeping it for when I feel a reading slump coming too close for comfort….

Eliza And Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia

I just know I will adore this one to pieces. It’s a 2018 must, ok?

What books did you mean to read in 2017 but didn’t get to? Have you read any of the books on my list and if so, which ones do I need to start right now?

48 thoughts on “The Post of SHAME: Twelve Books I Meant To Get To In 2017 But Didn’t (But Will in 2018… Probably) {Top Ten Tuesday}

Hope we’ll both get to The Hate U Give in 2018! I love the Cassandra Clare books, but they are quite big and there are sooo many already, so if I hadn’t read them already I think I’d be procrastinating on starting them myself 🙂

1. Rebeccah @ The Pixie Chronicles says:

Trust me, your did-not-get-to list could not possibly be longer than mine, so don’t feel bad! I’m sitting here just struggling to get through all the amazing books people were raving about 5 years ago, who has time for the hundreds of books being published NOW!?! But then, I tend to avoid most series nowadays because they’re just such a time commitment 😦
    Rebeccah @ The Pixie Chronicles recently posted…Good-bye 2017…My Profile

2. Sebastian says:

I don’t think it’s a bad thing you haven’t finished “Red Rising” yet, now you can binge all the four books when “Iron Gold” comes out next month ;D

“Godsgrave” made it onto my list as well, I’m a little bit afraid I already have forgotten too much of what happened in “Nevernight” and I’m not sure I can already handle all those footnotes again XD

Haha yeah, that’s definitely a good way to look at it 😉
      I have the same problem with Nevernight, but even though I loved it I’m just not up to re-reading it already, so I’ll just try my luck with Godsgrave and hope a lot of memories come back 🙂

3. Chloe @ It's YA Girl says:

Honestly at this point I wish I hadn’t read Lord Of Shadows like IMMEDIATELY after it came out because the waiting is the WORST.

I hope you get back into Red Rising though, especially since the new one is coming out and I like when we all yell about the same book at the same time!

I’m also gonna have to add some of these to my TBR this year!!!
    Chloe @ It’s YA Girl recently posted…It’s Ya Review of DEFY THE STARSMy Profile

Haha yeah not having to wait too long between books is definitely an upside to procrastinating on reading the books in a series 🙂 Ah, I’m definitely hoping I’ll be able to yell with you about the new Red Rising soon 😉

4. Jo says:

Haha I called mine the list of shame as well! I’m glad I’m not the only one left to read Wonder Woman, Tower of Dawn and THUG. Thanks for visiting my post earlier 🙂

5. Tina @ As Told By Tina says:

I have Wonder Woman: Warbringer on my list! And there are few on your list that are on my TBR (Lara Jean, Lucky In Love ) that I am also hoping to get to in 2018. I have read Warcross (it is so good) and THUG which is amazing and probably my favorite book of 2017. The audiobook was amazing and I would highly recommend the audiobook if you listen to those.
    Tina @ As Told By Tina recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday | My Top 18 Books To Read In 2018My Profile

6. Tânia @MyLovelySecret says:

Written is Blood is amazing! I love this series by Anne Bishop. I hope you love it as well – I confess that there were a few times I wanted to slap the MC, but in the end I warmed up to her and the world building is incredible!

I wanted to read Wonder Woman: Warbringer, The Hate U Give and Always and Forever, Lara Jean last year too, but, sadly, I just didn’t find the time (too many books, so little time). However, I started reading the Lara Jean’s last adventure today – I think I was also a bit afraid of picking this one up because, as you mention, is the end of an era. I hope it doesn’t disappoint.

Happy readings! 😉
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret recently posted…Bout of Books 21. Sign Up, Goals, Progress & Wrap UpMy Profile

7. Kathy @ Books & Munches says:

I really loved THUG and Warcross! I read Wonder Woman: Warbringer as well and liked it, but didn’t necessarily loved it. Curious to see what Batman: Nightwalker will bring me, to be honest. Especially since the reviews on that one have been on the meh-side as far as I’ve seen.

Definitely some on here that I have yet to get my hands on! Eliza and her Monsters is probably the main one since that one’s rec’d to me all the time and I still haven’t bought it, haha. I’ve heard amazing things about the Red Rising-books and Nevernight-books. Have yet to get my hands on the first; but I do own a copy of Nevernight so I’m hoping to read that one this year!

Lovely list; hope you get to read all of them! 😀

Ahh this is such a great list – you HAVE to read Warcross whenever you can, it was such a cool book, I loved the concept, the world-building and the characters were amazing 🙂
    I can’t wait for you to read the last book in the Lara Jean series, it really was the perfect end to the series, adorable, bittersweet <3
    AND YES Eliza and Her Monsters is a 2018 must for me as well, I can't wait to read that one 😀
    Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books recently posted…Talking about writing and some aesthetics : winter is here write tagMy Profile

Ah I’m happy to hear you loved Warcross and Always and Forever Lara Jean! Can’t wait to dive into them! And definitely Eliza and her MOnsters too, it sounds like a book that could become a new all-time favorite 🙂

I’m so hoping to get to Lucky in Love soon! I love Kasie West so I’m sure this will be no exception 🙂 Glad to hear you loved Warcross too! And hope you’ll get to Jenny Han’s books and of course that you’ll love them!