Top Ten Dreamy, Whimsical Book Covers {Top Ten Tuesday}

170502 Dreamy Covers

Post header background: Designed by Starline / Freepik

Hi guys, and welcome to a new Top Ten Tuesday! Today I’d like to talk about book covers, because let’s be honest, as much as we like to say they don’t matter, they still kind of matter. Who doesn’t like looking at a pretty cover?

I especially love covers that are whimsical and inspire me to dream. So with that in mind, I selected ten of my favorite dreamy, whimsical book covers. Enjoy!

The Splintered series by A.G. Howard

Splintered by A.G. Howard Unhinged by A.G. Howard Ensnared by A.G. Howard

These covers perfectly embody the content of this Alice In Wonderland retelling: colourful, pretty, whimsical, fantastical and just a little creepy.

Wanderlost by Jen Malone

Wanderlost by Jen Malone

This cover make me dream of travelling and watching the sunset in as many beautiful places as possible.

Strange The Dreamer by Laini Taylor

Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor Strange The Dreamer by Laini Taylor

I can’t pick a favorite, so I just picked both of them! Unique and dreamy, as befitting a Laini Taylor novel.

Uprooted by Naomi Novik

Uprooted by Naomi Novik

I adore this cover, which is simple, but still so gorgeous. The rose, the tower, the golden elements..

The To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before trilogy by Jenny Han

To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han PS I Still Love You by Jenny Han Always and Forever Lara Jean by Jenny Han

.This has always been one of my favorite cover series. Something about the color palette, the font and the dreamy look in the girls’ eyes just speaks to me and makes me want to start writing letters.

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire SΓ‘enz

Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets of the Universe

This cover makes me want to ride out at night, look at the stars and think about life.

The Red Winter trilogy by Annette Marie

red-winter-by-annette-marie Dark Tempest by Annette Marie Immortal Fire by Annette Marie

This may be one of my favorite series of 2017 and perhaps all-time and I must admit the covers played a big part in my decision to pick it up, so I am super thankful for that.

The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury

The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury

Hope to read this Alladin-retelling soon because the cover is screaming at me. Can’t wait to be swept away by this story.

The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco

The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco

Another book that’s still on my TBR, but for now I’m content just staring at this gorgeous cover.

The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater

Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater

I can’t talk about whimsical, dreamy covers without including the Raven Cycle, now can I? The whimsical dreaminess with just a bit of creepiness is not only present in the covers, but also in the story.

Do You like these covers? What’s your favorite dreamy, whimsical cover?

48 thoughts on “Top Ten Dreamy, Whimsical Book Covers {Top Ten Tuesday}

The Splintered covers are indeed super gorgeous! Hope you’ll enjoy the books when you get to them πŸ™‚ And yes, it’s definitely my favorite cover version of Uprooted!

The Splintered covers are awesome, and I really like The Bone Witch as well. That’s an amazing cover. Wanderlost is nice, and the Jenny Han covers almost look like they’re telling a story with the covers- is that supposed to be the same girl?

The Red Winter covers are pretty great too.

They are some pretty gorgeous covers indeed πŸ™‚ And yes, I think it’s supposed to be the same girl on all three Jenny Han covers, I think she’s supposed to be the protagonist of the story.

2. Louise says:

I love so many of these designs, and they have great stories in them too. I just adore the lettering and patterning on Aristole and Dante, it’s such a simple picture of the truck but the font etc really makes it beautiful.

3. Lori says:

You have so many covers that I love on this list! I adore the Strange the Dreamer cover, especially the UK one. I also adore the Lara Jean covers. They might be some of my favorite. They’re just so pleasing to the eye. Fantastic choices, Lindsey!

4. Sydney West says:

I love the covers for the Red Winter trilogy. I need to get on that series. Also adore the covers for Forbidden Wish and The Bone Witch. I think its the purple. πŸ˜€

Well, I’m kind of in love with everything about the Red Winter trilogy, so I’d definitely recommend it πŸ˜‰ And haha, yes there definitely is something about beautiful purple covers πŸ™‚

I totally understand! At first I loved the Daughter of Smoke and Bone covers more, but now… I really adore the Strange The Dreamer covers – I think it’s the blue/gold combo πŸ™‚

What a great post – I love your choices and I’m so happy to see The Forbidden Wish in your selection. You HAVE to read that one soon, it’s such a beautiful and unique story, I’m sure you’d love it!
    I love the Splitered series book covers, they are absolutely stunning. I only read the first book and found it a bit weird, I haven’t gotten around to the other books yet and I’m still wondering if I should or not ahah πŸ™‚
    Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books recently posted…Monthly wrap-up – April 2017My Profile

Oh I totally want to read The Forbidden Wish soon! I already have a copy on my shelf, so… soon πŸ™‚
      I loved the Splintered series when I read them, but I must admit it’s already been 2-3 years so I’m not sure if I’d still feel the same. They were definitely weird, but I really liked the creepy, fantastical atmosphere they had. Hope you’ll still enjoy them if you decide to pick them up!

Ah, Ari and Dante is one of my fave books as well! Perhaps that’s why I’m also so in love with the cover πŸ™‚
      Yes, the covers for Splintered definitely perfectly portray the atmosphere of the books!

6. kirsty @ kirstychronicles says:

I love the covers of the splintered series 😍! They’ve been on my TBR for so long, I don’t know why I haven’t got around to them yet. Strange the dreamer cover is also gorgeous, I’ve not read any books by Laini Taylor but I’ve heard amazing things so I’m hoping I’ll love them! Great list πŸ’–
    kirsty @ kirstychronicles recently posted…Young Adult Releases || MayMy Profile

The Splintered series definitely has some amazing covers! Hope you’ll enjoy them when you get around to them!
      I haven’t read Strange The Dreamer yet either, but I did read Laini Taylor’s other series and loved that so I have high expectations for Strange the Dreamer πŸ™‚

7. Zoe @ Stories on Stage says:

OMG THESE COVERS ARE GORGEOUS! I especially love the covers of the Splintered trilogy and Strange the Dreamer so I’m glad to see them on your list. πŸ™‚ Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous post! <3

8. Lauren @ Wonderless Reviews says:

Ahhhhh so many pretty covers on here 😍😍😍 The Raven Cycle, Strange The Dreamer, The Bone Witch and Ari & Dante are some of my faves!!! To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is so aesthetically pleasing too!!

9. Tasya says:

Amazing picks Lindsey! I don’t really buy multiple edition of books, but I might do it for Strange the Dreamer. Both editions are gorgeous! I agree, Lara Jean has an amazing color palette and perfect model for the covers. Wanderlost also gives me a serious case of wanderlust, and it seems like such a fluffy book <3 And yes, totally agree with Splintered. They are dark and whimsical, perfectly reflected A.G Howard's version of Wonderland πŸ™‚
    Tasya recently posted…Prequels, Sequels, and Novella – Are the Authors Milking or Expanding the Series?My Profile

Thanks so much Tasya! The Strange The Dreamer editions are indeed both so gorgeous, how could they make us choose? Wanderlost is indeed a nice fluffy book πŸ™‚ And the Lara Jean and Splintered covers are both so different, but both my favorites <3