Post header background: Designed by Dashu83 / Freepik
Hi guys, and welcome to a new Tag Thursday! Today is a little something different, because I saw the Who Am I tag around and was super intrigued so I had to do it myself.
I love taking these kinds of little personality tests, but I must say that I usually don’t put that much stock in them. I feel like the human personality can be so complex and is basically impossible to test. Either the results are incomplete and only show one side of things or they are deliberately vague. But I still love taking them for some reason?
But either way, I was actually completely surprised by one of them. I never did the Myer-Briggs personality test before, but the results were not only oddly specific in their description of my personality, but I also never felt like a test so perfectly described me. Haha, my own personality finally started making sense to me. And the other tests actually kind of confirmed that conclusion, so I guess there may be some sense in it all after all?
Anyway, here are my results:
What is the meaning of my name?
Lindsey is an English surname, originally derived from the territory of Lindsey in Lincolnshire, from the old English toponym Lindesege “Lindum Isle”, i.e. “marshlands of Lincoln”.
Lindsey is also a name used for both men and women, which I discovered in my first year of high school English class, when our English textbook had a male character named Lindsey, which my classmates found pretty funny… seriously, guys?
Either way, my parents just liked the name and didn ‘t give me this name because of any particular meaning. I don’t love it (who actually loves their own name?), but I don’t dislike it either.
What is my Myer-Briggs personality type? [LINK]
I am the Advocate personality, or INFJ.
I – Introvert
- Get energy from being alone
- Listen more than talk
- Think before they act
N – Intuitive
- Focus on the big picture and possibilities
- Notice anything new or different
- Trust their gut instincts
F – Feelers
- Decide based on their feelings
- Take many things personally
- Are motivated by appreciation
- Avoid arguments and conflicts
J – Judgers
- Like to make and stick with plans
- Find comfort in schedules
- Take responsibilities seriously
Some characteristics of the Advocate / INFJ personality type
- Very rare personality type, making up less than 1% of the population.
- Intensely introspective, INFJs tend to overthink.
- Can appear to be cold and aloof on the outside because they intensely bottle up their emotions, but are actually very warm and friendly on the inside
- Craves genuine, deep connections with the people they care about.
- Deeply relational, but easily peopled-out.
- Though soft-spoken, they have very strong opinions and will fight tirelessly for an idea they believe in.
- Able to think very logical, yet are willing to disregard logic if intuition tells them something different
- Very private. Don’t readily share their thoughts and feelings, not unless they are comfortable,
- Very insightful and have a particular knack for seeing beyond others’ facades and reading between the lines. Human BS detectors.
- Prone to burnout and easy to overwhelm.
- Feel a deep need to make a difference in the world
- INFJ’s don’t like, they obsess. INFJ’s love certain songs, poems, books and movies with incredible passion. Especially when they find a piece of themselves hidden within.
- The perfectionist who obsessively searches for the right time, right place, right everything. Constantly afraid they’re not good enough.
- Very sensitive to criticism or rejection
- The restless, anxious child who escapes reality by binging on 20 episodes of a TV series in a row
What is my zodiac sign?
I was born on October 31st, which makes me a Scorpio.
Some Scorpio traits that fit me:
- Scorpio often has trust issues and can be highly suspicious of everything
- Scorpio is focused, ambitious and competitive
- Scorpios are stubborn
- If Scorpio is betrayed they can be very unforgiving
- Scorpios are crazy observant and they’re constantly noticing things that others miss.
- Sometimes Scorpio just needs to get the hell away from everyone and be alone.
- Scorpios stick to their word, period.
- Scorpios tend to form deep connections with people.
- Scorpios are intense and full of passion
- Scorpios experience extreme highs and lows
Scorpio traits that don’t fit me:
- Scorpios are magnetic and can be highly seductive
Umm, no? I can’t really pull off acting seductive without ending up looking like an awkward little tomato.
What is my hogwarts house? [LINK]
I was so sure I was a Ravenclaw for the longest time, but every single test I’ve taken has consistently placed me in Hufflepuff. Which I’m totally okay with as well because Hufflepuffs are AMAZING! Hufflepuffs value hard work, patience, loyalty, and fair play, which all rank pretty high in my book.
Most tests that give a score per house, like this one, still rank Ravenclaw as a close second though. So while I’m officially a Hufflepuff, let’s just be divergent and call me a Ravenpuff for now.
My in-depth results are:
Hufflepuff – 13 / Ravenclaw – 12 / Gryffindor – 11 / Slytherin – 8
I am surprised that Gryffindor ranks higher than Slytherin though… I’d definitely call me more ambitious than brave.
What are my learning styles? [LINK]
My scores were:
- Visual 8
- Aural 5
- Read/Write 7
- Kinesthetic 8
MEANING: You have a multimodal learning preference. (VARK) Keep in mind that some people with a multimodal preference need to have the same material presented in several of their modes in order to really learn it, while others can effectively learn using any single one of their multiple preferences.
Ehh. Not much I can say about this. I do tend to study with a variety of methods.
Am I right or left brain dominant? [LINK]
I use the left side and the right side of my brain equally. This does fit with my INFJ personality type, which is both logical and intuitive at the same time. So this sounds about right 🙂
What is my blood type?
Honestly… I don’t know. I should probably check this…
What career am I meant to have? [LINK]
Being a writer kind of is one of my dream jobs. I do love writing. It’s why I also love this blog. I’m just still on the lookout for that burst of inspiration, for that story, that world and those characters to fall into place.
Which divergent faction do I belong in? [LINK]
I think this is pretty correct and it was also the faction I always thought I would be in. I do hate conflict and and prefer to keep the peace. It kind of fits with my Hufflepuff and INFJ personality as well.
BUT one thing that is definitely not correct is the bright, vibrant and colorful wardrobe. My wardrobe is like 90% black! So while my personality may be Amity, my clothing style is definitely more Dauntless 😉
What does my birth order say about me? [LINK]
I am the firstborn, which would make me a natural leader, ambitious and responsible.
Kind of? I’m definitely responsible and ambitious. And while I wouldn’t call myself a natural leader as I prefer to work behind the scenes, I do tend to always be the one to take initiative to organize and coordinate things, so there’s that.