Gold confetti frame: Designed by Akdesign / Freepik
Hi guys! As you may have already understood from the title, this little blog is turning one year old today! Hooray!
Starting this blog has been one of the best decisions I ever made. It was something I had been thinking about for a long time, but I always kept hesitating. Did I read enough books? Did I know enough about blogging? Would anyone even be interested in reading my little opinions? And would I, a serious introvert, even be able to talk to other book bloggers online? Quite a few hesitations… But then, on January 12th, 2016 I finally took the plunge and just started, and this for two main reasons.
- I just want to talk about books with other bookish people. I love reading, but part of the joy of reading is being able to share this love with other people. And because in real life my options are a little limited, It seemed like the perfect solution to branch out online. And seriously, the bookish community is THE BEST. Everyone has been super kind and welcoming to me. I have loved discovering so many new blogs this year. I have loved reading all your posts. And I have loved coming home to your comments every night and obsessing over all our favorite books together.
- I wanted to learn new skills. And rest assured, blogging takes A LOT OF SKILLS. Skills that I didn’t necessarily have before starting. Let’s see, we have: WordPress, writing (in English, which is not my native language), webdesign, graphic design, SEO, social media, photography (hi, I’m a bookstagram noob), time management, online marketing and online social skills among so many others. And let’s be honest, I don’t fully possess all these skills now yet either. But I’m learning new things every day and I LOVE IT.
So… since this book blog has given me so much, I figured this would be the perfect time to give something back. And that’s why I am organising my FIRST EVER GIVEAWAY!
I will be giving away one book of your choice from The Book Depository.
- The giveaway is international, as long as The Book Depository ships to your country
- You must be either over 18 years old, or have permission from your parents or legal guardian to give out your address.
- Addresses will only be used to enter delivery information and will not be stored.
- The winner will be chosen randomly by Rafflecopter
- The giveaway will run for one week – the winner will be contacted on 20 January 2017.
- The winner will be contacted per e-mail – if there is no reply in 5 days, another winner will be selected.
- You can choose ONE book, for a maximum of € 20 from The Book Depository.
ENTER THE GIVEAWAY HERE:
Or click here to go directly to the giveaway page
Thanks and good luck!
Oh, and if you entered the giveaway, feel free to leave me a comment below! I would love to know:
What book would you love to get if you would win?
What are some of your favorite book bloggers I should check out?
What is a skill you would love to learn?