Hi and welcome to a new monthly wrapup!
September has been a pretty blessed book month. There were so many great book releases, among which were some of my most anticipated books. I started of the month with the rest of my Throne of Glass series re-read in anticipation of Empire of Storms. And then there was Empire of Storms itself – FINALLY! And then… the Sarah J. Maas book hangover.
Now, the funny thing is, my book hangover took a completely different turn than it usually does. Normally I would just re-read the Sarah J. Maas book in question for weeks and not read anything else. This time, however, I went on a book-reading binge. Not fantasy, because I was not in the mood for fantasy for weeks after Empire of Storms. But a contemporary romance binge. I read some YA and new adult contemporaries and I LOVED it. I’m back to my fantasy in the meantime, but I’m also kinda still in the mood for contemporary romance. So hey, why not? I’ll just keep reading whatever my mood tells me to read!
Here’s my wrap-up:
What I read
- Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas (re-read)
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas (re-read)
- Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas (review)
- More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera (review)
- Been Here All Along by Sandy Hall (review)
- P.S. I Like You by Kasie West (review)
- Him by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy (review)
- Us by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy (review)
- Wanderlost by Jen Malone (review)
- A Torch Against The Night by Sabaa Tahir (review)
Other blog features
Top Ten Tuesday
- 27 September 2016: Ten Books On My Fall TBR
- 20 September 2016: Ten Music-Related Facts About Me
- 13 September 2016: All-Time Favorite Fantasy Books
- 6 September 2016: When Books Take A Break – Favorite TV Shows
Waiting on Wednesday
- Timekeeper by Tara Sim (read)
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer (read)
- The Queen of Blood by Sarah Beth Durst (read)
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo (read)
- Throne of Glass TV Show, Simon Movie & Captive Prince Short Story News (read)
What I listened to
I made a Spotify playlist of my all-time favorites for a Top Ten Tuesday post this month (10 Music-Related Facts About Me) and honestly, I’ve been listening to that playlist a lot. It’s huge and it’s a chaotic mess of genres but I love it <3
What I Watched
Honestly, not much. I’m still on my Gilmore Girls marathon, but things have slowed down a lot. I WANT to start watching so many shows though (Stranger Things is just one of them) and the new tv season is about to start, so here’s hoping I’ll get some quality couch-time in soon!
What’s on the October TBR
AHH, OCTOBER! MY MOST FAVORITE OF ALL FAVORITE MONTHS OF THE YEAR! HALLOWEEN! (Sorry about the capslock – had to get the excitement of my chest first of all)
Since I LOVE Halloween AND I’m trying to expand my reading horizons, I’ll be participating in the Halloween Readathon hosted by Lauren @ Wonderless Reviews. The goal is to read some thrillers, horror or paranormal books and complete some challenges between October 10th and October 31st. I’ll put my TBR for this in a separate post.
Other than that I’m leaving my TBR open for now as I just want to follow my bookish mood swings wherever they may take me!