Hi, and welcome to a new Tag Thursday!
I’ve been in a bit of a Harry Potter mood lately (It has been 5 months since my last movie marathon and 8 months since my last re-read), so why not remedy that by a fun tag? Any excuse to talk about Harry Potter right?
So here is the Ultimate Harry Potter Tag, with 30 questions on the books and movies. If you haven’t read or seen these, obviously there may be some spoilers.
(Also, I don’t know who originally created this tag, so if it was you, please let me know so I can credit you)
1) Favourite book?
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I LOVED the DA scenes and the whole scene at the Ministry of Magic. Plus we were introduced to Luna and had the most epic Fred and George Weasley scene <3
2) Least favourite book?
Tough one. I think Chamber of Secrets. But not because it’s bad, just because I love all other books a bit more for several reasons.
3) Favourite movie?
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I just loved the whole mood, cinematography and soundtrack.
4) Least favourite movie?
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part one. Again, not that it’s bad, but it’s just the slowest and most depressing part of all books put into one movie.
5) Favourite quote?
“Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.”
6) Favourite Weasley?
Fred and George. Hands down. Though I love all Weasleys, Fred and George have a place in my heart.
7) Favourite female character?
Hermione. She’s a role model to me and seriously, Harry and Ron would have gotten nowhere without her. Though I do love Luna a great deal too.
8) Favourite villain.
Bellatrix Lestrange. I guess I like ’em a
little lot crazy.
9) Favourite male character?
You mean other than Fred and George? I always had a soft spot for Neville.
10) Favourite professor?
11) Would you rather A) wash Snape’s hair or B) spend a day listening to Lockhart rant about himself?
I would go crazy and turn aggressive if I had to listen to Lockhart all day. So definitely wash Snape’s hair.
12) Would you rather duel A) an elated Bellatrix or B) and angry Molly?
Even elated Bellatrix could not beat angry Molly. So I’ll take my chances with the crazy one, thank you very much.
13) Would you rather travel to Hogwarts via A) Hogwarts Express or B) Flying Car?
Hogwarts Express. Because it would be a dream come true. Also, I would not be comfortable in a flying car. At all.
14) Would you rather A) Kiss Voldemort or B) give Umbridge a bubble bath?
What kind of question is this? Ugh. Umm, I guess give Umbridge a bubble bath.
15) Would you rather A) ride a Hippogriff or B) ride a Firebolt?
Hippogriff for sure.
16) Is there a character you felt differently about in the movies?
Going with the obvious answer: Ginny. She just stood out as a fierce, intelligent, brave and cunning young witch so much more in the books. In the movie she felt more like she was only there to be the love interest, without showing us WHY Harry fell in love with her.
17) Is there a movie you preferred to the book?
No. I adore the movies and think they are some of the best movie adaptations out there, but the books still offer so much more background, character development, worldbuilding and overall emotion.
18) Richard Harris or Michael Gambon as Dumbledore?
I love them both. No preference.
19) Your top thing (person or event) that wasn’t in the movie that you wanted there the most?
Well, I get why it wasn’t in there, but I would have loved some more Marauders. Also, the whole Percy-Weasley family fall-out and make-up. Also, some more of the Neville backstory.
20) If you could remake any of the Harry Potter movies which would it be?
None. Seriously, I liked them all. Though I wouldn’t say no to a special edition 3-hour movie per book, featuring ALL book scenes.
21) Which house was your first gut feeling you’d be a part of?
Ravenclaw. Because I always liked learning and reading and I would love to hang with Luna.
22) Which house were you actually sorted into on Pottermore?
Ahem. I never took the Pottermore sorting quiz (*shame*) I just figure the sorting hat would take my feelings into consideration and sort me in Ravenclaw anyway…
23) Which class would be your favourite?
I would love Defense Against The Dark Arts. Even though I’m not all that brave – maybe I would be if I had some DADA classes!
24) Which spell do you think would be most useful to learn?
Accio. Imagine the time I could save by never having to get up and get things again. People may call it lazy, I call it efficient!
25) Which character do you think you’d instantly become friends with?
I think Neville. Honestly, I just have a thing for the underdog.
26) If you could own one of the three Hallows, which would it be?
The Invisibility Cloak. Definitely. Imagine all the possibilities: I could go to work in my PJ’s and no-one would notice. I could listen in on all kind of things I shouldn’t listen into and call myself a ninja spy. I could sneak into concerts and festivals and movie theaters without paying. Though I guess the cloak is not meant to be used for personal gain… still, how cool would that be?
27) Is there any aspect of the books you’d want to change?
I kind of wanted more for Draco. I wanted a bigger kind of redemption arc and maybe him working with Harry near the end.
28) Favourite Marauder?
Moony. Remus Lupin seems like the nicest of them all and the person I would be most comfortable with. Well… except during full moon of course.
29) If you could bring one character back to life, which would it be?
Fred. I’m still not over that one. Doubt I ever will be.
30) Hallows or Horcruxes?
Hallows obviously. Because Horcruxes are creepy as hell. Don’t want to kill and split my soul, thank you!