Welcome to a brand new Tag Thursday! Since the summer has now officially started, I thought it would be a great idea to do the Summertime Madness book tag!
Actually, we haven’t been having a lot of summertime weather here in Belgium. It’s been rainy, dark and gloomy for like a month non-stop now. I usually don’t mind that kind of weather because it reminds me of Halloween weather and I love all things Halloween, BUT I do have been craving some sunshine like crazy lately.
So why not turn to books for the answer? Certain books immediately bring out the summer y feeling and that’s why I wanted to do this tag and talk about some of my summery reads!
This tag was created by JackEatsBooks on YouTube.
1. Show a book with a Summery cover! (The one that showcases the sun, the beach, etc.)
Any Morgan Matson book. These are some great contemporary YA books that all invoke that summer feeling. Sunshine, ice cream, road trips and friends – the perfect recipe for summer, I’d say.
2. Pick one fictional place that would be the perfect destination for your Summer Vacation!
Definitely Camp Half Blood. Would be nice to go and chill with some demi-gods and satyrs, find out which Greek God I’m related to (kind of rooting for Hades, is that weird?) and go on epic quests with them.
3. You’re about to go on a flight to your Summer Vacation. But you want to read a book that lasts for the whole flight, so what novella do you choose?
So, I kind of don’t really read novellas? The only one I have and remember reading is The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J. Maas. And though I love Celaena and would love to spend time with her on my flight, I think I’d choose a book I haven’t read yet: Summer Days & Summer Nights: Twelve Love Stories. It’s twelve short stories by different authors and it just sounds like the perfect summer vacation airplane read.
4. You have a case of Summertime Sadness. What happy book do you pick up to shine a smile on your face?
Any book from this list.
Though if I had to choose, it would be either Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (always a winner) or Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda (it’s so cute and adorable and it just makes me happy, okay?)
5. You’re sitting at the beach all alone. Which fictional character would be your beach babe?
Nikolai from the Grisha trilogy. Hands down. He’s kind of my all-time favorite book person. And he totally deserves his own series with him as the main character. It could be a romance set on the beach with him as beach babe. I’d completely devour that story.
6. To match your ice cream you want an icy cool sidekick! Which fictional sidekick do you pick?
Kenji from the Shatter Me trilogy! He’s the best sidekick ever, though I would never call him just a sidekick… He’s an amazing friend plus he’s funny and sassy and it would be my honor to share an ice cream with him (that’s high praise coming from me – I don’t share my ice cream with just anyone. Just saying)