Can you believe it’s already June? Yesterday I was still decorating the Christmas tree and today it’s June! Time does fly!
May’s been pretty weird readingwise. I didn’t get a lot of reading done because a) I had a lot of things going on this month like weddings, family stuff and dance rehearsals and b) I had a major book hangover which caused me to spend almost 3 weeks re-reading the same book over and over again (A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas – favorite book so far this year).
Without further ado, here’s my wrapup:
What I read
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik (review)
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas (review)
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater (review)
- Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry (review)
Other blog features
Top Ten Tuesday
- 31 May 2016: That Summer Feeling – Top Beach Reads
- 24 May 2016: After The Love Has Gone – Books I Feel Differently About After Time Has Passed
- 17 May 2016: Ten Books I Read Because of Massive Hype and Glowing Reviews
- 10 May 2016: Ten Non-Bookish Websites I Love
- 3 May 2016: Ten YA Characters I Want To Revisit As Adults
Waiting on Wednesday
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake (read)
- Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas (read)
- The Marked Girl by Lindsey Klingele (read)
- Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh (read)
- Ain’t No Hangover Like A Book Hangover (read)
- I’m So Not Too Old For That (Or Why It’s Still A-Okay To Read YA) (read)
What I listened to
This month has pretty much been 3 things on repeat. The ACOMAF playlist Sarah J. Maas created on Spotify, All Time Low and Against The Current.
All Time Low – ALL THE SONGS
Against The Current – In Our Bones CD
What I Watched
Because of all the thinsg I already mentioned I did not watch a lot of tv this month. I only managed to keep up with 2 shows:
- The 100
This show is epic. That finale was epic. Clarke and Bellamy and Lexa and Octavia and EVERYBODY IN THIS CAST IS EPIC!
- Game of Thrones
Talk about epic. The only show that can have me on the edge of my seat, wooping with joy and sobbing like a baby in just one episode. Also, the ending of episode 2 this season? YES! AND I KNEW IT!
I hope to have some more time in June so I can catch up on my other favorite shows like The Flash, Arrow, Once Upon a Time, Agents of SHIELD and more.
What’s on the June TBR / Tome Topple READATHON ANNOUNCEMENT
One of my favorite booktubers, Sam at Thoughts on Tomes is hosting a readathon from June 6th until June 19th in which I am participating. The goal is to read BIG books during this period, meaning books of over 500 pages. There are basically 5 challenges:
1. Read more than one tome (500+ pages)
2. Take a graphic novel break (doesn’t need to be over 500 pages!)
3. Read a tome that is part of a series
4. Read over 500 pages in one week
5. Read an adult novel
If you want to find out more, you can watch the announcement video or go to Sam’s blog post to sign up for the challenge and the giveaway.
This is pretty much the perfect occasion for me to get over my fear of some intimidating big books that have been on my TBR for way too long, so I am ALL IN. Though I don’t have any graphic novels, I am planning to completely ROCK the other 4 challenges. I am planning to read the following books:
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- The Well of Ascencion by Brandon Sanderson
- The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson
I’ve been wanting to start Outlander for so long but I’ve been so intimidated by it. Plus I also kind of want to start watching the tv show, but I refuse to do so before I at least read this book.
And I read the first book in the Mistborn trilogy last December and REALLY LOVED it, but I’ve been putting of book 2 and 3 for some reason. I have to admit, they are still big and scary books and honestly, the font is rather small so reading book one hurt my eyes and gave me headaches and that kind of scared me #crybaby. No more excuses though, June is the month!
I realise this is a pretty ambitious TBR, but I figure that I can at least read one of these and then I’ll be happy. If I manage to read two I will be extremely proud of myself. And if I do manage to read all three I will crown myself book queen of the world!
Wish me luck!
I hope I enjoy ACOMAF when I read it ? All Time Low ?? Good luck with the readathon!! Outlander absolutely terrifies me haha.
Thanks! I hope you’ll enjoy ACOMAF more than ACOTAR 🙂 YES, All Time Low! It’s weird because I knew them and their music already for a while, but it’s only this month that I became really, really obsessed 🙂 So far Outlander is going slower than I expected, but I’m also enjoying the story more than I thought I would so that’s good. Good luck with your readathon too!