Hi everybody, and welcome to my February wrap up!
This isn’t going to be a huge wrap-up because – as you may have noticed – my blog activity kind of fizzled to zero this month. This is because I finally moved into our new home at the end of February and the weeks before and after that have been a whirlwind of activities to still get done, like painting, cleaning, packing, moving, unpacking, etc. I hope that things have now settled back into normal enough for me to get back into blogging actively, but to be honest, it’s still going to be a gradual process, so please be patient with me, my sporadic posting and terrible commenting etiquette just a liiittle while longer.
For now though, here’s my February wrap up!
The seven husbands of evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
I listened to this on audiobook on the commute to work and back, and I got so entranced by it that I looked forward to going to work and didn’t mind getting delayed by traffic. I LOVED this book. Evelyn Hugo was such an interesting character and her story felt so real to me that I was even tempted to look up her movies (sadly, they’re not real). I loved the romance in the story (interestingly, not with any of her seven husbands), I loved the friendships, and I loved the depiction of fame and how it affected our heroine Evelyn, a bisexual woman of Cuban heritage. I’d recommend this to anyone. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn is worth ALL THE HYPE.
Rating: 5 stars
My Favorite Half-Night Stand by CHristina Lauren
Since I hardly had time to read any physical books in February, I wanted whatever I read to be light, fluffy and romantic. So Christina Lauren felt like the perfect choice, since I had read and loved so many of their other books already. But unfortunately, My Favorite Half-Night Stand turned out to be my least favorite of their books. I didn’t like the catfishing and the main heroine actually kind of frustrated and irritated me.
Rating: 3 stars
TOP TEN TUESDAY
On hiatus in February…
Quote It Wednesday
On hiatus in February…
Itzy – Dalla Dalla
Part of me honestly feels like Dalla Dalla is a pretty generic pop song (it’s like they checked off all the boxes on ‘how to make a catchy pop song’) and yet, I haven’t stopped listening to it ALL MONTH. I love it.
Monsta X – Alligator
“Hello, I’m an alli-alligator.” Monsta X can do no wrong. Every single song they release is amazing.
Billie Eilish – Bury A Friend
I love when a song makes me feel like it’s Halloween in February. This song is dark and catchy and I love it.
I feel like I’ve been watching this kdrama forever, since I started watching it mid January and still have 3-4 episodes to go, but I’m including it in this wrap up already. Don’t let the fact that it’s taking me forever to finish give you any bad ideas though, because I do love this show. It has the right amount of mystery, crime-solving, humor and romance that I like and I absolutely adore it. In fact, it reminds me a bit of While You Were Sleeping, which is my favorite kdrama, so that’s high praise.
The Umbrella Academy
Fun fact: I LOVED My Chemical Romance and I knew Gerard Way had written The Umbrella Academy (which I unfortunately never read), but somehow it completely escaped my attention that the comics were being made into a tv show until the first season was on Netflix and I saw people raving about it on Twitter. Huh. So first day after we moved into our new home and had some tv-time, I convinced my husband to watch the first episode and after that we binged the entire season in a week. I love superpowers and I love a group of misfits coming together to save the world, so this was just PERFECT to me. I already can’t wait for season two. Also, I love Klaus, Ben and Number Five.
Things that made me happy this month:
- We FINALLY moved into our new home. Though we only started renovating in September, we actually got everything done fairly quickly, but it also means we gave up every weekend and most evenings to do it. So it’s been a tough and exhausting couple of months and I am just so thrilled we finally got to move in. And weirdly, I already feel quite at home and I don’t even miss our old home. So yay for that. Maybe, once I had time to get everything together, I’ll share some before and after pics of our home, so you guys can see everything we did.
- I won a prize at work! Our team had a kick-off meeting earlier this month where we were all asked to share some ideas to benefit the company and the best idea would win a bottle of wine. I won! Even if I don’t drink wine, I can’t explain how good it feels just to be appreciated for my ideas and to get positive feedback on the work I do (this was not the case at all at my previous employment). I can feel my self-confidence slowly restoring itself again and it feels wonderful.
- Sunshine! We had a few days of absolutely amazing spring-like weather here and it was glorious. I’m so ready for winter to be over.
THINGS I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:
- GETTING BACK INTO BLOGGING
- GETTING BACK TO DANCING
- GETTING BACK MY SOCIAL LIFE
- CATCHING UP ON ALL THE BOOKS, MUSIC & TV I MISSED. I’d like to start with King of Scars, which I can’t believe I haven’t read yet.
- QUEER EYE SEASON 3 <3