Books I’m Forever Thankful For {Top Ten Tuesday}

171121 Books I'm thankful for

Hosted by The Broke & The Bookish
Post header background: Designed by kjpargeter / Freepik

Hi everybody, and welcome to a new Top Ten Tuesday!

In honor of Thanksgiving week in the US, today is all about being thankful. More specifically, what books we are thankful for.

Now, I’m thankful for a lot of books. For lots of reasons. So narrowing this down was… tough. I decided to split it into categories as to why I am thankful for a book in particular, which came a little easier for me. But I would just like to note that some of these books definitely fit into more than one categorie. And I am probably forgetting a lot of books as well. But anyway, here it goes!

the-gentlemans-guide-to-vice-and-virtue-by-mackenzi-lee Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare

Thank you to all those books that made me laugh out loud and earned me funny looks from anyone nearby.

More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Thank you to all those books that make me feel all emotions and have me thinking about them months after finishing them.

Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

Thank you to all those books which put a smile on my face because of their sheer adorableness.

thank you for helping me through The slumps

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas Chase The Dark by Annette Marie

Thank you to all those books which remind me of my love of reading after a heavy slump.

Thank you for your characters & Friendships

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater Cinder by Marissa Meyer Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Thank you to all those books which made me fall in love with a group of fictional characters.

Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde Tash Hearts Tolstoy by Kathryn Ormsbee Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

Thank you to all those books who make not only me, but everyone out there, feel represented and valid.

thank you for making your way into my heart

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab red-winter-by-annette-marie

Thank you to all those books which score high on pretty much every single category and which have forever earned a place in my little bookworm heart.

WHAT BOOKS are you thankful for and why?

40 thoughts on “Books I’m Forever Thankful For {Top Ten Tuesday}

Way to creatively put together this week’s topic, Lindsey! I love it. Basically, all I should say is: I’m thankful for books, period. ‘Nuff said. But of course, I say PLENTY more than that. 😉

Morgan’s and Jenny’s remain on my TBR, but I’m super excited for them both. Cannot wait to discover their unique stories and I look forward to all the smiles – those are my favorite kinds of stories!
    Rissi recently posted…Miss Christmas (2017) – Sweet Christmas Novella Transports to Small Town WisconsinMy Profile

Thanks Rissi! Yeah it definitely all comes down to being thankful for books in general. Where would us bookworms be without them? 🙂
      I so hope you’ll love Morgan’s and Jenny’s stories and they bring the same smile on your face as they did on mine!

2. Anne@Headfullofbooks says:

Let’s see if I can remember all the books I agree with you about: The Raven Boys-YES; Hunger Games-YES; Harry Potter-YES YES; Fangirl Double YES; Book Thief-Yes (Woops you didn’t have that one); But YES to CINDER; and I’ll Give You the Sun-Love the books; and finally- The Gentleman’s Guide is so funny but covers very important topics.

My TTT Books I am grateful for

3. Dani @ Perspective of a Writer says:

AWWW LINDSEY!! That was such a great way to arrange this list!! There are so many of my favorites on there too… I loved that you put Fangirl under representation! I totally agree and tout that aspect when I talk about it… And THE RED WINTER TRILOGY!!! WHAT?! Everyone always asks me suspiciously what book is that and why haven’t they heard of it before if its so good, lol, I tell them thought THEY NEED TO READ IT!!

I love top 10 Tuesday… Here is my post if you’re interested in my choices <3 https://perspectiveofawriter.wordpress.com/2017/11/21/top-10-tuesday-bookish-things-to-be-thankful-for/

Thanks so much Dani! Yes, Fangirl was definitely the first book where I could relate so much to a character. And OMG YES Red Winter! It doesn’t get nearly enough love, it deserves so much more so I’m happy to hear you love it too!

Thanks Sim! Hope you’ll enjoy all of these when you decide to get to them! And I definitely think Harry Potter is one of those books that most of us thought of first when writing down this topic 🙂

4. Angela says:

What a sweet post, Lindsey! Certain books definitely stand out to me for certain reasons, too. I love those books that can make me smile or cry, that really affect me as a reader. I think Harry Potter has definitely made its way into a lot of people’s hearts!

Thanks Angela! Yes those books that tug on your emotions and have you thinking about them for days are the best : ) And Harry Potter is indeed probably the first thought for many booklovers when thinking about books to be thankful for!

5. Zoe @ Stories on Stage says:

I completely agree with every book you’ve mentioned here! Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Six of Crows and Cinder are absolutely amazing and I am so glad to see them on your list. 🙂 Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous post! <3