Hi guys, and welcome to a new Top Ten Tuesday!

Today is all about procrastination. I’m actually pretty good at making a plan and sticking to it. But when it comes to books… there are just too many that I want to read and I get distracted easily by shiny new books. The result is of course that there are a million series which I’ve been meaning to start… but haven’t. For some I’ve even already purchased the first book. For some I’ve even already purchased the entire series (*cough* Heroes of Olympus *cough*). And still… no reading is being done. Even though I keep saying I’ll read them next.

So consider this my post of shame and let me present to you: the ten series I’ve been meaning to start FOREVER (but haven’t)!

(Titles link to Goodreads page for more information)

The Study series by Maria V. Snyder

Β
Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder
Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder

This YA fantasy just sounds like it has everything I love and I even have the first book, Poison Study, ready to go on my shelf. But still, I haven’t started it yet.

The Red Rising series by Pierce Brown

Golden Son by Pierce Brown
Morning Star by Pierce Brown

I got the first book, Red Rising, for my birthday TWO YEARS AGO. Why haven’t I started this yet? I do not understand myself sometimes.

The Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan

The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan
The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan
The House of Hades by Rick Riordan
The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan

Seriously, Lindsey? SERIOUSLY?

The Others series by Anne Bishop

Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop
Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop
Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop
Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop

I have book one! And every time I see someone raving about this series I tell myself “Come on, the next book you pick up is this one” and then… I don’t.

The KingKiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss

The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss

MUST. READ. Also, a bit intimidating, which may be why I keep procrastinating this one.

The Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta

Froi of the Exhiles by Melina Marchetta
Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta

Again, I have book one. It was a Christmas present. But it was last Christmas, so I still have some time, right? SHAME ON ME!

The Air Awakens series by Elise Kova

Fire Falling by Elise Kova
Earth's End by Elise Kova
Water's Wrath by Elise Kova
Crystal Crowned by Elise Kova

These covers look so prettyyy! I want to read them! I really, really do…

The Ruined series by Amy Tintera

Avenged by Amy Tintera

Ruined was one of my most anticipated releases last year. And now I still haven’t read it and the sequel is already out, and why? Will I read these books before book three comes out? WHO KNOWS?

The Historians series by Trisha Leigh

Exist Once More by Trisha Leigh

OK, to be fair, I only discovered this series last year. So it hasn’t been on my TBR too long right? RIGHT?

The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan

This may be the worst of them all because a family member lent me the first book (well, techically the prequel) for this over a year ago. And I still haven’t read it. I AM A TERRIBLE PERSON!

Let me have it! Which of these should I be ashamed about most? Or you know, Which ONe would you recommend me to start with first? πŸ˜‰
do we have any series of shame in common?

45 thoughts on “Procrastination Is My Middle Name — Ten Series I’ve Been Meaning To Start Forever {Top Ten Tuesday}

1. Kaeley says:

I ~technically~ started the Heroes of Olympus series, but I barely remember it, so I don’t really count it. I’ve heard really good things about the Magnus Chase series, but I don’t know if I can go down the rabbit hole that is Rick Riordon.

Haha, I know, it’s quite a rabbit hole, which makes it so intimidating! But I did love Percy Jackson and the Olympians so I still hope to continue some day soon πŸ™‚

They do look so great, which is why I’m so bummed I still haven’t read them πŸ™‚ And yeah, Wheel of Time is defnitely A LOT!
      Hope we’ll both get to The Historians some day πŸ™‚

They’re both definitely on the top of my list! I even already have them on my shelf and everything. Just need to start reading…
      That’s true though about the Kingkiller Chronicles! Maybe it’s also part of the reason why I keep procrastinating πŸ˜‰
      The Historians sounds great indeed! Argh, so many books, so little time πŸ™‚

2. Holly @ Nut Free Nerd says:

I’ve been meaning to read Finnikin of the Rock for AGES. I LOVE her book Jellicoe Road as well as Saving Francesca and I’m really looking forward to seeing how she writes in the fantasy genre. Knowing Melina Marchetta, it’ll undoubtedly be fantastic! πŸ™‚

3. Julie @ Happily Ever Chapter says:

My husband LOVES The Kingkiller Chronicles and got me to read The Name of the Wind. I got about halfway through the book and set it down and never ended up picking it up again. I do want to pick it up again one day and finally finish it tho. So many great ones listed here! Great list! Hope you love them all when you get around to them
    Julie @ Happily Ever Chapter recently posted…12 Series I’ve Been Meaning To Start But Haven’t…Yet!My Profile

Ah, that’s what I fear too, as huge books like that tend to take too long for me to read and then I might put it down and not pick it up again… But I hope we’ll both pick it up and finish it one day πŸ™‚

4. Mia @ Pen and Parchment says:

I really want to read Red Rising and Ruined too! I don’t actually own Ruined yet, but every time I go to the bookstore I stare at it longingly…. and inevitably convince myself to buy something else. I’ve had Red Rising on my shelf for an eternity though, so I have no real excuse for why I’ve yet to read that one. You should definitely pick up Air Awakens soon, I adore all of those books!! They’re super fast fantasy reads with a lot of drama and action, I highly recommend them. Awesome post! <3
    Here's my TTT!

Haha we’re definitely the same when it comes to Red Rising and Ruined! I don’t have Ruined yet either and I always want to buy it but end up talking myself out of it. And Red Rising’s been on my shelf for over two years, so that’s just way too long πŸ™‚ So happy to hear you love the Air Awakens series though! I need to get on that soon πŸ™‚

5. Sarah says:

Ah, you have to read THE STUDY series straight away – It’s my ultimate favourite fantasy trilogy… although there is now a follow on trilogy plus side trilogy too (And they are also good lol). But the Air Awakens books, plus Rick Riordans Percy Jackson series is also high on my own TBR. Hopefully I will get to them this year! Thanks for reminding me lol – Happy Reading!

Haha, I think having so many books in a series kind of intimidates me, which may be why I haven’t started it yet… but it sounds amazing and I’m also so happy to hear you loved it so much, so I definitely need to pick this up ASAP πŸ™‚ Hope we’ll both get to the Air Awakens and Rick Riordan books soonish πŸ˜‰

Glad to hear I’m not the only one still needing to read the Kingkiller Chronicles! But at least the series is not complete yet, so we still have some time πŸ˜‰
      Happy to hear you enjoyed Red Rising and Air Awakens! Hope you’ll enjoy the rest of them as well! And hope I’ll get to them soon myself too πŸ™‚

6. Di @ Book Reviews by Di says:

You need to read the Study series! I loved that one!

Red Rising is on my list too.

Heroes of Olympus!!! I agree, Seriously, Lindsey? SERIOUSLY?

I too want to read The Others! I’ve seen so many good things plus I just like the covers.

Patrick Rothfuss…. I desperately want to read it although I’m not sure I’m ready for another big series that I have to wait YEARS for installments for… Because.. Game of Thrones.

I’ve actually seen QQuintana of Charyn around but not the others. I didn’t realise it was an entire series. I’ll have to check it out.

I’m also guilty of not having read Elise Kova yet… oops

And Ruined is on my TBR!

The Historians and The Wheel of Time aren’t really on my TBR but if you read them and love them then they will need to be checked out! πŸ™‚

Great list!
    Di @ Book Reviews by Di recently posted…The Blog Squad: A Blogger Collaboration Part XVMy Profile

So many people have told me they loved the Study series, so I guess I really need to get to it πŸ™‚
      Heroes of Olympus – I know, I know… *OH THE SHAME*
      The Kingkiller Chronicles – Exactly! I think that’s why I keep procrastinating reading them – I just tell myself I still have a lot of time *oops*
      Hope we’ll both get to all those books still on our TBR such as Red Rising, The Others, Elise Kova and Ruined sometime soon-ish πŸ™‚

7. Uma @ Books.Bags.Burgers. says:

Lindsey I’m your book procrastinator twin…All of these are in my TBR too but OMG PICK UP POISON STUDY!! I’ve read books 1 and 2 and I loved them <33
    I NEED to start Heroes of Olympus though! Maybe we could buddy read those sometime? We'll make sure we both read the series πŸ˜› πŸ™‚

Also I hear so much good stuff about The Others series!! AAAH my TBR will be the death of me!! πŸ˜›

(P.S. Sorry about not having visited in so long..I've been sick :/ but that helped me read a lot so a kinda yay? πŸ˜› )
    Uma @ Books.Bags.Burgers. recently posted…Review: The Iron KingMy Profile

Haha YAY TWINS πŸ˜‰ Ah, so many people ave told me they loved the Study series, so I guess I really need to get to it!
      That’s actually such a great idea to buddy read The Heroes of Olympus! I’ve never done a buddy read before, but it sounds like the perfect way to motivate me to actually pick up the books and start reading! We could motivate eachother and finally get through the series. Feel free to let me know when you’d like to start! (I have the books already on my shelf, so I’m good to go πŸ™‚ )
      I know, The Others sounds so good as well! Death by TBR definitely feels like a very plausible end for us bookworms πŸ˜‰
      Also, I’m so sorry you’ve been sick! Even if you get to read more than usual, it’s still not fun. Hope you’re feeling better now though!

• Uma @ Books.Bags.Burgers. says:

Oh yay!! I have all the eBooks so I’m good to go too πŸ™‚ We could start on the first of July? start of the month πŸ™‚ And we’ll have to decide where we’ll discuss everyday? Goodreads, Twitter, Instagram, Hangouts and are all good places for me πŸ™‚ just let me know which works for you and we could get started!! Oh also we’ll have to decide on timings of when to discuss! I’m mostly always free from 6-9 PM IST If you’re free at a different time, lemme know and we can make it work!! Pardon all the info dumping πŸ˜› I’m so excited!!!
        Uma @ Books.Bags.Burgers. recently posted…Review: The Iron KingMy Profile

The first of July would be great! Though I’m going to a concert that day so I don’t think we’d be able to discuss that day, so maybe our first discussion should be second of July instead?
          All of those are good for me, but I think I prefer Twitter just a bit more if that’s okay πŸ™‚
          Hmmm timing may be a bit tricky because I just started working again, so I’m less flexible during the day. But I’d be able to discuss every evening normally after 6 PM CEST – though that would be after 9:30 PM IST so I’m not sure if that would still work for you or if that would be too late? We could talk earlier too, but then I’d probably be really slow to answer…
          How would it work, do we set goals per day to read or do we just try to encourage eachother to read as much as possible? I’m sorry if I ask a lot of questions, but I haven’t done a buddy read before so it’s all a little new πŸ™‚
          I am so excited too though! I do hope we can find a way to make it work πŸ˜€ It sounds super fun and I’m already motivated to get started haha πŸ˜‰