170620 TTT Series I've Been Meaning To Start

Hi guys, and welcome to a new Top Ten Tuesday!

Today is all about procrastination. I’m actually pretty good at making a plan and sticking to it. But when it comes to books… there are just too many that I want to read and I get distracted easily by shiny new books. The result is of course that there are a million series which I’ve been meaning to start… but haven’t. For some I’ve even already purchased the first book. For some I’ve even already purchased the entire series (*cough* Heroes of Olympus *cough*). And still… no reading is being done. Even though I keep saying I’ll read them next.

So consider this my post of shame and let me present to you: the ten series I’ve been meaning to start FOREVER (but haven’t)!

(Titles link to Goodreads page for more information)

The Study series by Maria V. Snyder

Poison Study by Maria V Snyder Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder

This YA fantasy just sounds like it has everything I love and I even have the first book, Poison Study, ready to go on my shelf. But still, I haven’t started it yet.

The Red Rising series by Pierce Brown

Red Rising by Pierce Brown Golden Son by Pierce Brown Morning Star by Pierce Brown

I got the first book, Red Rising, for my birthday TWO YEARS AGO. Why haven’t I started this yet? I do not understand myself sometimes.

The Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan The House of Hades by Rick Riordan The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan

Seriously, Lindsey? SERIOUSLY?

The Others series by Anne Bishop

Written in Red by Anne Bishop Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop

I have book one! And every time I see someone raving about this series I tell myself “Come on, the next book you pick up is this one” and then… I don’t.

The KingKiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss

MUST. READ. Also, a bit intimidating, which may be why I keep procrastinating this one.

The Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta

Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta Froi of the Exhiles by Melina Marchetta Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta

Again, I have book one. It was a Christmas present. But it was last Christmas, so I still have some time, right? SHAME ON ME!

The Air Awakens series by Elise Kova

Air Awakens by Elise Kova Fire Falling by Elise Kova Earth's End by Elise Kova Water's Wrath by Elise Kova Crystal Crowned by Elise Kova

These covers look so prettyyy! I want to read them! I really, really do…

The Ruined series by Amy Tintera

Ruined by Amy Tintera Avenged by Amy Tintera

Ruined was one of my most anticipated releases last year. And now I still haven’t read it and the sequel is already out, and why? Will I read these books before book three comes out? WHO KNOWS?

The Historians series by Trisha Leigh

return-once-more-by-trisha-leigh Exist Once More by Trisha Leigh

OK, to be fair, I only discovered this series last year. So it hasn’t been on my TBR too long right? RIGHT?

The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan

Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

This may be the worst of them all because a family member lent me the first book (well, techically the prequel) for this over a year ago. And I still haven’t read it. I AM A TERRIBLE PERSON!

Let me have it! Which of these should I be ashamed about most? Or you know, Which ONe would you recommend me to start with first? 😉
do we have any series of shame in common?

34 thoughts on “Procrastination Is My Middle Name — Ten Series I’ve Been Meaning To Start Forever {Top Ten Tuesday}

1. Kaeley says:

I ~technically~ started the Heroes of Olympus series, but I barely remember it, so I don’t really count it. I’ve heard really good things about the Magnus Chase series, but I don’t know if I can go down the rabbit hole that is Rick Riordon.

Haha, I know, it’s quite a rabbit hole, which makes it so intimidating! But I did love Percy Jackson and the Olympians so I still hope to continue some day soon 🙂

They do look so great, which is why I’m so bummed I still haven’t read them 🙂 And yeah, Wheel of Time is defnitely A LOT!
      Hope we’ll both get to The Historians some day 🙂

They’re both definitely on the top of my list! I even already have them on my shelf and everything. Just need to start reading…
      That’s true though about the Kingkiller Chronicles! Maybe it’s also part of the reason why I keep procrastinating 😉
      The Historians sounds great indeed! Argh, so many books, so little time 🙂

2. Holly @ Nut Free Nerd says:

I’ve been meaning to read Finnikin of the Rock for AGES. I LOVE her book Jellicoe Road as well as Saving Francesca and I’m really looking forward to seeing how she writes in the fantasy genre. Knowing Melina Marchetta, it’ll undoubtedly be fantastic! 🙂

3. Julie @ Happily Ever Chapter says:

My husband LOVES The Kingkiller Chronicles and got me to read The Name of the Wind. I got about halfway through the book and set it down and never ended up picking it up again. I do want to pick it up again one day and finally finish it tho. So many great ones listed here! Great list! Hope you love them all when you get around to them
    Julie @ Happily Ever Chapter recently posted…12 Series I’ve Been Meaning To Start But Haven’t…Yet!My Profile

Ah, that’s what I fear too, as huge books like that tend to take too long for me to read and then I might put it down and not pick it up again… But I hope we’ll both pick it up and finish it one day 🙂

4. Sarah says:

Ah, you have to read THE STUDY series straight away – It’s my ultimate favourite fantasy trilogy… although there is now a follow on trilogy plus side trilogy too (And they are also good lol). But the Air Awakens books, plus Rick Riordans Percy Jackson series is also high on my own TBR. Hopefully I will get to them this year! Thanks for reminding me lol – Happy Reading!

5. Di @ Book Reviews by Di says:

You need to read the Study series! I loved that one!

Red Rising is on my list too.

Heroes of Olympus!!! I agree, Seriously, Lindsey? SERIOUSLY?

I too want to read The Others! I’ve seen so many good things plus I just like the covers.

Patrick Rothfuss…. I desperately want to read it although I’m not sure I’m ready for another big series that I have to wait YEARS for installments for… Because.. Game of Thrones.

I’ve actually seen QQuintana of Charyn around but not the others. I didn’t realise it was an entire series. I’ll have to check it out.

I’m also guilty of not having read Elise Kova yet… oops

And Ruined is on my TBR!

The Historians and The Wheel of Time aren’t really on my TBR but if you read them and love them then they will need to be checked out! 🙂

Great list!
    Di @ Book Reviews by Di recently posted…The Blog Squad: A Blogger Collaboration Part XVMy Profile