170606 TTT SFF Recently Added to TBR

Post header background: Designed by kjpargeter / Freepik

Hi guys, and welcome to a new Top Ten Tuesday!

Today I wanted to talk about some of the recent Sci-Fi and Fantasy books that were added to my (always-growing, never decreasing) TBR. Now, I’ve been trying to be more strict with my TBR and not just add any book. A book needs to sound reeaally good before I add it to my TBR. But these books made the cut. They have all very recently been added to my TBR because they sound awesome and got me super excited to read them. So here we go!

(Titles link to Goodreads page for more information)

The Night Itself by Zoë Marriott

The Night Itself by Zoë Marriott

An urban fantasy with Japanese mythology? I added it to my TBR before you could finish saying the word Kitsune!

Want by Cindy Pon

Want by Cindy Pon

This sci-fi thriller set in Taipei already has a few rave reviews, so naturally I’m already excited!

The Long Way To A Small Angry, Planet by Becky Chambers

The Long Way To A Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers

Why haven’t I read this one yet? *hangs head in shame*

Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

After (finally) reading the masterpiece that was Illuminae, of course I had to add the sequel Gemina to my TBR at once.

Shadows on the Moon by Zoë Marriott

Shadows on the Moon by Zoë Marriott

A powerful tale of magic, love and revenge with a strong female lead set in fairy-tale Japan; this is “Cinderella” meets “Memoirs of a Geisha”. COUNT ME IN!

Barefoot on the Wind by Zoë Marriott

Barefoot on the Wind by Zoë Marriott

I was hooked when they described this as “a darkly magical retelling of “Beauty and the Beast” set in fairytale Japan”

Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody

Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody

A darkly irresistible new fantasy set in the infamous Gomorrah Festival, a traveling carnival of debauchery that caters to the strangest of dreams and desires. Also, did you see that tagline? “Wicked, wicked to the core, the city will burn forevermore.” I am shook and need this now.

Soulmated by Shaila Patel

Soulmated by Shaila Patel

An Irish royal empath, an Indian-American high school student, and the concept of soulmates. Say no more!

The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell

The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell

Magicians in modern-day New York and time-travel. That’s all I need to know to want this.

Nice Dragons Finish Last by Rachel Aaron

Nice Dragons Finish Last by Rachel Aaron

Umm. An Urban Fantasy featuring… Dragons? I LOVE DRAGONS! DRAGONS! DRAGONS! DRAGONS!

Have you read any of these books? What did you think? Any still on your TBR as well?

40 thoughts on “Ten Sci-Fi & Fantasy Books I Recently Added To My (Ever-Growing) TBR {Top Ten Tuesday}

It’s funny because I don’t usually read a lot of sci-fi either but for some reason I recently added a ton of sci-fi to my TBR 🙂 Maybe it’s the after-effect of finally reading and loving Illuminae haha 😉

1. Anisha @ Sprinkled Pages says:

OMG LINDSEY these all look so amazing! I can’t wait to read Want, Gemina (after the amazingness that was Illuminae) and The Long Way To A Small Angry Planet! Thank you so much for sharing and this was such a great compilation!

2. Julie @ Happily Ever Chapter says:

Sci-fi isn’t my usual genre but I seem to be reading more and more of them lately. I definitely want to check out Illuminae because everyone seems to have loved it. I have Daughter of the Burning City on my list too. It sounds so good! I have an ARC of The Last Magician, but haven’t gotten around to it yet. I’m really excited about it tho. Great list!
    Julie @ Happily Ever Chapter recently posted…10 MM Romance Books That I’ve Recently Added To My TBR ListMy Profile

That’s so funny, I don’t usually read a ton of sci-fi either, but for some reason I recently added a lot of sci-fi books to my TBR 🙂 I’d definitely recommend Illuminae! In fact, I think Illuminae may have something to do with me trying more sci-fi 😉 Hope we’ll both enjoy Daughter of the Burning City and The Last Magician!

Haha, me too 🙂 But I also don’t want to read it too soon because then the wait for Obsidio may be too long… Choices, choices 😉 Looking forward to The Last Magician as well!

They do look so good! And I so hope to start The Long Way To A Small Angry Planet AND Gemina soon! So many books, the only tough part is deciding which one to start first 🙂

3. Hannah @ Broc's Bookcase says:

I still haven’t read Illuminae either. I’ve got both books sat on my shelf though all ready for me to get round to at some point!
    The Last Magician is on my TBR list too, it looks SO GOOD! I can’t wait to get my hands on it!
    I haven’t heard of The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet but I’m intrigued, plus I love the cover. May have to check that one out 🙂

I hope you’ll enjoy Illuminae! It was procrastinating on starting it for so long, but now I’ve finally read it I am in love and hope to start Gemina soon! (Though I’ll probably procrastinate that one for a long time still as well *oops*
      Hope The Last Magician will live up to both our expectations! And The Long Way To A Small Angry Planet 🙂

Ah Gemina! I am torn because I want to read it NOW but then I also want to wait a bit so the long wait for Obsidio will seem just a bit less long… Choices, choices… 😉

4. Aimal @ Bookshelves & Paperbacks says:

This is such a great round-up! I’m actually reading WANT by Cindy Pon at the moment, and I can’t explain how good it is. The writing flows well, and the dystopian setting both seems unrealistic but also incredibly relatable given the climate conversations happening these days.

The Long Way to a Small and Angry Planet, and the Last Magician are both high up on my list too. Great list. 🙂
    Aimal @ Bookshelves & Paperbacks recently posted…Book Haul // Book Expo ’17My Profile

Ahhh, I’m so happy to hear you’re loving Want! Now I’m ever more excited to read it soon 🙂
      Hope we’ll both get to The Long Way To A Small and Angry Planet and The Last Magician soon and that they’ll live up to our expectations!

5. Di @ Book Reviews by Di says:

There’s some really awesome books here! Some I’ve never seen either!

Barefoot on the Wind looks particularly interesting and I think that I’ll have to check that one out!

The Last Magician I can’t wait to start – I’m lucky enough to have an ARC of that one.

And Nice Dragons Finish Last? Dragons??? 🙂

I’m so intrigued by Barefoot in the Wind as well! I mean, a retelling set in Fairytale Japan? YES! 🙂
      Oh, that’s so cool that you got an ARC for The Last Magician! I hope you’ll enjoy it and I already can’t wait to hear what you think!
      Exactly! Dragons! I can never say no to dragons and that title pun, cover and the entire synopsis are just screaming at me to read it 😉

I think I got it from one of your recommendations, so thanks for that! I can never say no to dragons, and that title, cover and synopsis are all screaming for me to just pick it up ASAP 🙂