Ten Authors I’d Love To Meet {Top Ten Tuesday}

170328 Authors

Hi guys, and welcome to a new Top Ten Tuesday!Β  Today’s all about authors we’d love to meet.

Now, I haven’t met any author yet in real life.

Scratch that, that’s a lie. There is one Belgian author I ‘met’. I say ‘met’ because the story is just a little embarassing. There was a Belgian author I wanted to meet, so when I heard he was signing at a book fair, I took my book and dragged my husband to said fair to get an autograph. I was expecting a big line and that I could just stand in line until it was my turn, get my signature and go. You know, not stand out in any way, because that’s how I roll. Unfortunately, by the time we got there, there just happened to be no one in line and the author in question was having a chat with his neighbour. Obviously, I didn’t want to go up and get his attention because it would defeat my whole ‘don’t stand out’ strategy, so I devised a whole new strategy: ‘pretend to be browsing nearby and wait until there is a line’. Solid strategy, right? I thought so!
Except my husband is NOT a fan of waiting and had already exhausted his patience watching me browse books for the previous two hours already, and thus not in agreement with my impromptu strategy. So in the end, he basically just went and got my autograph for me while I trailed awkwardly behind him, red as a tomato.

So with that in mind, I give you a list of other authors I’d love to meet, without being an awkward, anxious little tomato if possible!

J.K Rowling

J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowlingharry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows

Leigh Bardugo

Leigh BardugoShadow and Bone by Leigh BardugoSix of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

V.E. Schwab

V.E. SchwabA Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwabvicious-by-v-e-schwab

Adam Silvera

Adam SilveraMore Happy Than Not by Adam Silverahistory-is-all-you-left-me-by-adam-silvera

Becky Albertalli

Becky AlbertalliSimon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky AlbertalliThe Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli

Sarah J. Maas

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. MaasA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

Rainbow Rowell

Rainbow RowellFangirl by Rainbow RowellCarry On by Rainbow Rowell

Renee Ahdieh

Renee AhdiehThe Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdiehflame-in-the-mist-by-renee-ahdieh

Rick Riordan

Rick RiordanPercy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanThe Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan

Sabaa Tahir

Sabaa TahirAn Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa TahirA Torch Against The Night by Sabaa Tahir

Have you already met an author?
Which authors would you Still love to meet?

34 thoughts on “Ten Authors I’d Love To Meet {Top Ten Tuesday}

Ah, thanks so much! I haven’t read The Upside yet, but I LOVED Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by her. And of course, I’ve heard so many good things already about The Upside and saw so many great ARC reviews that I’m already pretty sure I’ll love it just as much πŸ™‚

Oh me too, though I’d love to meet any of these authors, I imagine I’d be super awkward as well…
      Yes, I think J.K Rowling is indeed a lot of readers’ dream author to meet πŸ™‚

1. Cholla says:

This is an excellent list! J. K. Rowling would be one I’d love to meet as well as Rainbow Rowell. My older kid loves the Harry Potter series while my younger kid loved Fangirl. It’d be a win with either author!

Here is my TTT.

Thanks so much! Yes, I think both J.K. Rowling and Rainbow Rowell would be amazing to meet! And it would be of course be twice as great if you could share the experience with your kids πŸ™‚

Exactly! But I feel the higher the epicness of the author, the higher my awkward percentage would be in meeting them. Unfortunately πŸ™‚ But it would be sooo cool to be able to meet them someday anyway!

2. Michelle @ Pink Polka Dot Books says:

HAHA!! Don’t worry, you aren’t alone in your awkwardness. I always say really stupid things or nothing at all to authors, so I totally feel you on wanting to actually meet an author without the embarrassment!

I feel like it’s impossible to be awkward with Adam Silvera. He won’t let you because he’s SO nice and outgoing and personable. You would love him!!
    Michelle @ Pink Polka Dot Books recently posted…FFBC: Welcome to the Club The Other F-Word by Natasha Friend & GiveawayMy Profile

Haha, glad to know I’m not the only awkward little red tomato when it comes to meeting authors πŸ˜‰ Oh, Adam Silvera indeed always seems so nice in interviews and on social media. That’s so great that you already got to meet him πŸ™‚

3. Annemieke says:

Haha which Belgian author was that? <3 I'd totally be as awkward as you though in that situation.
    I haven't read any of Adam Silvera's books but he seems like such a great guy that even though it isn't my genre I want to give his a go in the future anyway.

Haha, it was Ish Ait Hamou, who wrote CΓ©cile and Hard Hart. He’s also a dancer and choreographer, so I love him for both his writing and his dancing which is maybe why I was twice as nervous and awkward πŸ™‚ Adam Silvera does indeed seem like such a nice guy in all his interviews and social media <3

4. Prabhleen says:

Who wouldn’t like to meet Jo haha😊 I haven’t read A LOT of authors on here, but I would love to meet Victoria Schwab because I stalk her all the time despite having not read a single book of hers. Cough. She is just really funny and I love her personality! And her books sound great too! I would also like to meet Renee Ahdieh since she is so gorgeous and HER. MAKEUP. IS. ON. POINT. Wish I could do something beside eyeliner lolπŸ˜‚
    Prabhleen recently posted…BOOKISH TROPES THAT NEED TO #STAHPMy Profile

Haha, yes J.K Rowling is definitely on almost every booklovers’ bucket list of authors to meet πŸ™‚ And yes, I follow Victoria Schwab on twitter and she seems so nice and funny! Oh, and you are so right about Renee Ahdieh, she is gorgeous <3 Haha, I can even hardly do eyeliner so I would just look like a mess next to her, but it would be okay because she just seems so awesome and nice πŸ™‚