Ten Books On My Holiday Wishlist {Top Ten Tuesday}

161220-ttt-holiday-wishlist

Hi guys, and welcome to a new Top Ten Tuesday. Today’s Top Ten is about all the books I wouldn’t mind Santa leaving under my tree. Though, honestly, these are not ALL the books… In fact, I actually have a Holiday wishlist of about 50 books. And basically nothing else. Clothes? Meh. Food? Close. But books? Yes, please! (Of course, just spending time with my loved ones is a pretty cool aspect about the holidays as well)

Anyway, these are the 10 books for which I’m crossing my fingers the hardest. These are the 10 books I am craving the most and would be super thrilled to see under my tree. In no particular order:

Hamilton The Revolution by Lin-Manuel Miranda

hamilton-the-revolution-by-lin-manuel-miranda

Oh, hi! My name is Lindsey and 2016 has turned me in absolute Hamilton trash. I’ve been drooling over this gorgeous book for months now.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Illustrated Edition) by J.K. Rowling

harry-potter-and-the-chamber-of-secrets-by-j-k-rowling-illustrated

Does one ever has enough Harry Potter related books or items? No, one does not. One can only keep collecting these for the rest of their life. So one can read, look at, pet and sniff them. (One should stop describing of themselves as one now)

Heartless by Marissa Meyer

Heartless by Marissa Meyer

2016 is the year I fell in love with Marissa Meyer and her Lunar Chronicles. So of course I am so eager to get my hands on this Queen of Hearts retelling. Also, I heard there would be lots of pastries in this.

Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman

illuminae-by-amie-kaufman-and-jay-kristoff

I may be the only person left on planet earth who has not yet read this majorly hyped book (or it’s sequel Gemina). I PROMISE I WILL FIX THIS TERRIBLE MISTAKE SOON, OKAY?

Vicious by V.E. Schwab

vicious-by-v-e-schwab

Oh, V.E. Schwab. Why didn’t I read your books earlier? A Darker Shade of Magic and A Gathering of Shadows are some of my ALL-TIME FAVORITE BOOKS ever and I need more! While waiting for A Conjuring of Light, I’d love to kill the time with this story about superpowers, villains and archnemeses. (Yes, I totally had to look up the plural for nemesis right now.)

Ruined by Amy Tintera

Ruined by Amy Tintera

I was highly anticipating this 2016 release. And then it came out and I… still haven’t read it. And it contains revenge plots, fantasy and morally grey characters! Clearly this cannot be. Hence the hope that I’ll find it under my tree and be able to dive right in!

Air Awakens by Elise Kova

Air Awakens by Elise Kova

Honestly, all I know about this book is that it is the first in a fantasy series filled with magic. And it has the most gorgeous covers. Seriously, look at that cover! It wouldn’t even have to be gift-wrapped because it’s looking pretty enough like this…

Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon

dragonfly-in-amber-by-diana-gabaldon

I finally read Outlander this year and now I am eager to continue the story with Dragonfly in Amber. I would love to check in again with Claire and Jamie and see how their story continues.

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

This adult fantasy series has been intimidating me for way too long now. It has been hyped and praised by so many people and I am so looking forward to finally reading it and seeing it for myself.

Highly Illogical Behaviour by John Corey Waley

highly-illogical-behavior-by-john-corey-whaley

This story about an agoraphobe and the girl who is trying to ‘fix’ him has received so much praise as well and I am just dying to read it. It is said to be a realistic take on anxiety, and have a big focus on friendship and nerdy characters so basically this book may have been written for me…

Are any of these books on your Santa wishlist as well? What other books would you love to find under your tree?

44 thoughts on “Ten Books On My Holiday Wishlist {Top Ten Tuesday}

Thanks! Oh, that’s great that you have Illuminae on your wishlist as well! My excitement for it also increased after finishing Nevernight and even more so with all the Gemina love going around now πŸ™‚

1. Uma @ Books.Bags.Burgers. says:

I love your list! I agree with you about Harry Potter πŸ™‚ One can never have enough!! ^^ I will buy every merch of Harry Potter and treasure them and maybe make a shrine for them? That sounds like a good idea..Excuse me while I go do that πŸ˜›

Haha, guess I will be one one of the lat persons reading Illuminae, oops πŸ™‚ Hope you’ll enjoy it and Heartless as well! Outlander is really intimidating, that’s why I keep procrastinating continuing with the series, but I did really love book one πŸ™‚

Yes, the Hamiltome really is quite expensive, so I’m kind of hoping I’ll receive it as a gift πŸ˜‰ It is so gorgeous though! I’m super excited about Vicious, can’t wait to read it πŸ™‚

Thanks, I hope we’ll both find Heartless under our tree πŸ™‚
      I heard so many good things about Illuminae and Gemina, I’m really hoping to read it soon!
      Sorry you didn’t enjoy Ruined that much! Hope I’ll still enjoy it though, we’ll see πŸ™‚

2. Bill @ Billbrarian says:

I am on hold for Illuminae at the library I borrow e-books from. I cannot wait to read it. Several of the others peak my interest too, including Vicious, Air Awakens, and Ruined. Those all sound really good. I’m excited to see what Santa brings too. Enjoy your reading and the holidays!!

Oh, I’ll hope you’ll get to read Illuminae soon then and that you’ll enjoy it! Hopefully you’ll find a few interesting books under your tree this year as well πŸ™‚ Happy Holidays!

This is such a wonderful list! I hope you’ll read Highly Illogical Behaviour soon, and love it as much as I did. It was such a good story, and it was so great to have such a good focus on friendships, with very endearing characters πŸ™‚ I enjoyed Illuminae, I’m eager to know your thoughts about that one as well! πŸ™‚
    Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books recently posted…Back to Stars Hollow!My Profile

Thanks, Marie! I’m glad you enjoyed both Highly Illogical Behavior and Illuminae – I’m super excited and hope to be able to start them soon! If I don’t find them under the tree I’ll definitely gift them to myself in the new year πŸ˜‰

4. Angela says:

Nice list! It would be so great to get some of the new Harry Potter editions out there. I own older paperback copies, so I can’t really justify buying new copies for myself, but if someone else wanted to gift me with the illustrated versions or ones with updated covers, I wouldn’t say no!
    Angela recently posted…How I Decide What to Read NextMy Profile

Exactky! I totally agree πŸ™‚ I also have all Harry POtters, but in old versions that don’t match. I can’t justify buying new ones for myself either, but I would still love to receive them as a gift πŸ˜‰

Thanks! I’m so glad you enjoyed Heartless because I saw a few mixed reviews… but I’m still very excited to read it. I hope you’ll enjoy TLC, it’s one of my fave series of all time πŸ™‚

Here’s hoping we’ll both find them under our tree this year πŸ™‚ I got the first HP illustrated book as a birthday gift so now of course I’m addicted and need the second one as well πŸ™‚ Illuminae and Gemina are such highly praised books, I hope to get to them soon.

5. Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight says:

Our wishlists sound exactly the same bwhaha. My family gets mad because they’re like “but it’s just books!” and I am over here like “…. and what is the problem exactly?” The Hamilton book is on my list too! Because 2016 also turned me into Hamilton trash, and I am FINE with that. I also really want to read Highly Illogical Behavior, it sounds SO good! And you MUST read Illuminae and Air Awakens- two of my faves! Hope you get all your bookish wishes!! πŸ˜€
    Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight recently posted…Review: The Alchemists of Loom by Elise KovaMy Profile

Haha I totally understand! Whenever my family asks me what I would like and I say books they always look at me like “okay and now a real answer…” BUT REALLY, I want books! πŸ˜‰
      Oh, hi fellow Hamilton trash! πŸ™‚ I definitely don’t mind either, I’m so happy I gave the soundtrack a chance this year!
      I’m so glad you enjoyed Illuminae and Air Awakens! I’m definitely hoping to read them soon – if they’re not under the tree I’ll gift them to myself soon πŸ˜‰

6. Becca @ Faerily Bookish says:

AHHH YOU HAVE SO MANY GOOD BOOKS ON YOUR LIST!! I adored In the Name of the Wind (even if it is a bit slow compared to lots of other fantasy series.). AND ILLUMINAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *please excuse my massive obsession with explanation points after that title! lol* I’ve not read Air Awakens either, but OMG the covers for that series look SO INSANELY PRETTY. I have no idea what the books are about either, but magic + pretty cover = NECESSARY FOR LIFE. Lol.
    Becca @ Faerily Bookish recently posted…TTT: Books I wouldn’t mind Santa leaving under the treeMy Profile

Ah I’m so glad you enjoyed In The Name of The Wind. I’m looking forward to reading it! Also, haha, the more exclamation points after a book title, the more urgently I need to read it I guess πŸ˜‰ And I’m happy I’m not the only one who feels that way about the Air Awakens series and its’ covers πŸ˜€

7. Jamie @ Watch Game Read says:

Great list! I had the same thoughts when it came to V.E. Schwab. Vicious is really awesome! The Name of the Wind is great too, parts of it reminded me of an adult version of Harry Potter. Speaking of which, the Harry Potter Illustrated Series would be an awesome Christmas present to have. One can never have enough of Harry Potter.
    Jamie @ Watch Game Read recently posted…Ten Things I Won’t Mind Santa Leaving Under My Christmas TreeMy Profile

Thanks! Glad I’m not the only one new to V.E. Schwab! I’m so looking forward to reading Vicious! And adult Harry Potter sounds like the perfect argument for me to read The Name of the Wind πŸ™‚ It’s true, one can never have enough Harry Potter πŸ˜‰