Most Anticipated Releases For The First Half Of 2017 {Top Ten Tuesday}

161213-ttt-anticipated-2017

Now that the year has almost come to an end, it’s time to to look ahead… at all the books we’re anticipating in 2017!

Since the list is way too long if we want to have the complete year, let’s just split the year in two and see what books are exciting in the first half of 2016! (And even this was tricky. I managed to get it down to 12 and even then I had to make some tough cuts – Wayfarer, Windwitch, Lord of Shadows and all the others I had to cut – I still love you too!)

History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera

history-is-all-you-left-me-by-adam-silvera

Release Date: January 17th, 2017

If this book is even only half as beautifully written as More Happy Than Not, it will still be a masterpiece. Also, I’m expecting heartbreak in the most devastatingly beautiful way.

Caraval by Stephanie Garber

Caraval by Stephanie Garber

Release Date: January 31st, 2017

I’ve already read so many good ARC reviews of this one, my expectations are sky-high! It’s a tale of family, mystery, fantasy and a bit of romance – so of course I want to read this! It sounds absolutely amazing.

Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza

empress-of-a-thousand-skies-by-rhoda-belleza

Release Date: February 7th, 2017

Vengeance in space, guys! Vengeance in space! Also, I saw Adam Silvera describe it as Arya Stark in space. I love Adam Silvera. I love Arya Stark. I love vengeance plots. Space is just an added bonus, really.

King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard

King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard

Release Date: February 7th, 2017

I know this series is not everybody’s cup of tea and that’s okay. I still quite enjoyed the previous two installments and am really looking forward to the adventures of Mare and co in book three.

Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones

wintersong-by-s-jae-jones

Release Date: February 7th, 2017

It’s a fairytale retelling. There is a Goblin King (who in my head already looks like Tom Hiddleston for some reason). It’s been described as dark and sexy. Color me intrigued.

A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab

a-conjuring-of-light-by-v-e-schwab

Release Date: February 21st, 2017

Why did I not read any V.E. Schwab sooner? Why did I wait so long to read the absolutely amazing A Darker Shade of Magic? Well, I finally fell in love with this series this year and I can’t wait for the final book in 2017. And hey, I may be late to the party, but at least the wait has been a bit less long, right?

The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas

the-hate-u-give-by-angie-thomas

Release Date: February 28th, 2017

This book was inspired by the Black Lives Matter movement and sounds like such a heartwrenching but real and necessary read. A must.

The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco

The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco

Release Date: March 7th, 2017

Geisha-esque girl fighters, demonic beasts, powerful magic, witches and a strong bond between a sister and her accidentally resurrected brother? Um yeah, count me in because this sounds awesome!

A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas

a-court-of-wings-and-ruin-by-sarah-j-maas

Release Date: May 2nd, 2017

Umm, A Court of Mist and Fury may have been my favorite read of 2016. I’ve been anticipating this one pretty much since the moment I read the final page of ACOMAF.

Flame In The Mist by Renee Ahdieh

flame-in-the-mist-by-renee-ahdieh

Release Date: May 2nd, 2017

It’s a Mulan-based story by Renee Ahdieh. I repeat: a Mulan-based story by Renee Ahdieh!
This is everything I could have ever dreamed of! I love Mulan and I loved The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee so I’m pretty sure this will be equally beautiful and epic. Plus have you seen that cover? It is so gorgeous and I am in love <3

The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich

the-love-interest-by-cale-dietrich

Release Date: May 16th, 2017

This blurb sounds so, so good! This book sounds like a perfectly funny and original take on all these tropes and I am so here for it! I mean, this is about a spy school that trains these teens to become tropes. Their assignment is to get close to a girl and whoever doesn’t get the girl, dies. And then they end up falling for eachother instead? THIS SHIP, I AM ALREADY ON IT!

The Gentleman’s Guide To Vice And Virtue by Mackenzi Lee

the-gentlemans-guide-to-vice-and-virtue-by-mackenzi-lee

Release Date: June 20th, 2017

It’s a historical fantasy in which two boys roadtrip through Europe together and have to fight pirates AND their feelings for eachother along the way. Historical fantasy. Roadtrips. Pirates. FEELINGS. I’m looking forward to this one so much, it’s crazy!

Are any of these books on your most anticipated list as well? Are there any other books you’re eagerly anticipating? Let me know so I can add to my ever-growing TBR 🙂

52 thoughts on “Most Anticipated Releases For The First Half Of 2017 {Top Ten Tuesday}

They do look amazing! They are super hyped, but I have a feeling they will live up to the hype! At least, I hope so.
      I know, Arya Stark in space is PRETTY MUCH the reason I’m so highly anticipating Empress of a Thousand Skies! 🙂

The Bone Witch really has such a gorgeous cover! I hope the content will be equally gorgeous but I am expecting greatness 🙂 A Gentleman’s Guide does sound so awesome, I’m bummed it’s still so far away!

Thanks! I loved Glass Sword a little less than Red Queen, but even so I’m still super pumped to read King’s Cage! I hope you’ll like ACOMAF, I personally liked it even more than ACOTAR and it’s even my favorite read of the year 🙂 Oh, and V.E. Schwab is definitely amazing, I only discovered her books this year and I AM OBSESSED 😉

1. Lori says:

I’m hoping to read Caraval and The Hate U Give very soon. I’ve been hearing so many good things about both of those. The Bone Witch sounds really intriguing as well, but the GR reviews have me a little hesitant. Great list!!

2. sarah says:

Sigh… more books to add to the wishlist lol. I’m also exited for Court of Wings and Fury – Bone witch and Kings cage… I also really need to read something, ANYTHING by V.E Schwab next year… Everyone raves about her books and I’m so ashamed I haven’t tried them for myself yet lol. But great list! Hope you get through them all next year 🙂
    sarah recently posted…Sarah VS Anxiety – My thoughts…My Profile

I know, the TBR just continues to grow, especially with topics such as this 🙂 Oh, I only just read V.E. Schwab this year as well! Definitely hope you’ll enjoy them when you get to them.

3. Adalyn says:

Great list! Basically all of these either almost made my list, or were on it. 🙂 I’ve heard so much about History is All You Left Me, so I think I’m going to need to add that one to my TBR. I also haven’t heard of The Love interest before, but it sounds really good! I’m making mental notes to add both of those to my list.

Thanks! I loved More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera, so any of his next books automatically make my TBR now 🙂 The Love Interest sounds so great, I’m super excited! Hope you’ll enjoy both these books when you read them 🙂

4. AngelErin says:

What a great list!! Caraval, The Bone Witch, Empress of a Thousand Suns, Flame in the Mist, and WIntersong are on my list as well. The Adam Silvera one sounds great as well. I still need to read his other book also. 😀

5. Louise says:

If I was picking more than 10, Wintersong, The Bone Witch and A Flame in the Mist would all have been on my list too. There was just so many to choose from!

6. Mariela says:

A few of your books are in our list too. Caraval has been in almost every blog I visited. I pr-ordered that one.
    I really like this list, it makes me want to go to Amazon and shop for some of these books.
    My TTT.

Thanks! I know, Caraval is one of those books that already had so much hype already so long ago! And also, there is a crazy amount of amazing-sounding books coming out next year, it’s impossible to include them all 🙂

7. Becca @ Faerily Bookish says:

The Bone Witch’s cover is so stunningly gorgeous!! I was lucky to get an eARC of it and I just started it. All of the other titles look AMAZING TOO. So excited for 2017, but there are still so many 2016 books I need to read…. lol

It does look so gorgeous <3 That's so cool that you got an eARC, I hope you'll enjoy it! And I totally understand, I'm already excited about all these 2017 releases but I'm still way behind on 2016 (and catching up from even before 2016) 😉

THIS POST, all these books, AH. I want them all so badly haha. I think everyone’s excited about A conjuring of lights, I can’t wait to see how it all ends. Also kind of scared a bit haha. I LOVED Renee Ahdieh’s series The Wrath and The Dawn, and I am SO eager to read Flame in the Mist, it sounds just as good! <3 And The Love Interest: YES YES YES YES YES. I need this book in my life. <3
    Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books recently posted…How blogging changed my relationship to booksMy Profile

I know, there are so many good books coming out in 2017! I sometimes wonder if it really is a huge amount of books coming out, or if I just want more books than before I started blogging 🙂 I’m super excited and scared for A Conjuring of Light too! I just want all my precious characters to be okay. Flame in the Mist does sound good, and I love Renee Ahdieh’s writing style so I have high hopes 🙂 And yes, The Love Interest sounds like everything I ever wished for in a book <3

9. Cait @ Paper Fury says:

How had I not heard of The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue yet?!??! THAT IS THE KIND OF BOOK I NEED IN MY LIFE SO SO BAD OMGGGG. *flails wildly* I love your list and I’ve got so many of these on mine too! I actually have History Is All You Left Of Me as an ARC and I can’t wait to try it. And omg A Conjuring of Light is THE release of the year that I need.??
    Cait @ Paper Fury recently posted…How To Make Your TBR Explode (Ft. 2017 YA Releases You’d Sell Your Sister’s Left Kidney For)My Profile

Yes, The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue sounds sooo good! It kills me that it’s still 6 months away, I wish I could read it now already 🙂 Oh, that’s so cool that you have an ARC of History Is All You Left Me! I hope you’ll enjoy it! And A Conjuring of Light, YES! It totally bumped to top of my list after finishing A Gathering of Shadows <3

Caraval sure seems like a very hyped book! But I’ve read a few ARC reviews already and they were all positive so I hope it will live up to the hype 🙂 Hope you’ll enjoy it too when you get to it!