Hi and welcome to a new monthly wrapup!
First of all, HAPPY HALLOWEEN GUYS! Hope everyone will have a super day!
Come tomorrow it will be over.
My favorite month of the year has already come and gone and now winter is really ahead of us. (well, not just yet, but winter always brings out my dramatic side…)
Anyway, here’s my wrap-up:
What I read
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo (review)
- The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler (review)
- How To Hang A Witch by Adriana Mather (review)
- Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake (review)
- Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake (review)
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff (review)
Halloween readathon Wrap-up
This month I participated in the Halloween readathon hosted by Lauren at Wonderless Reviews. I managed to finish four books and I am still reading two. So I don’t think that’s too bad, even if I did end up not really sticking to my TBR and I also did not complete all the challenges. Let’s see:
(All banners are made by Lauren)
How To Hang A Witch by Adriana Mather
The Anna Dressed In Blood duology by Kendare Blake
No book finished for this challenge
I read most of these books after sunset, so I consider this challenge completed!
Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
I meant to go for a scary book I’ve been putting off (You by Caroline Kepness), but I ended up putting it off a little longer and instead read Nevernight . So I consider this my treat and challenge completed!
I’m still reading both Say Her Name by James Dawson and Half Bad by Sally Green. Maybe I’ll still finish them today, but then again I’ll also be holding a movie marathon so I’m just gonna assume I won’t be able to finish both in time. Challenge not completed
Other blog features
Top Ten Tuesday
- 25 October 2016: ‘Tis The Season! Top Halloween Movies
- 18 October 2016: Ten Characters I’d Name A Kid (Or Pet) After
- 11 October 2016: Random Recommendation Extravaganza
- 4 October 2016: So Good To Be Bad – Top Ten Favorite Villains
Waiting on Wednesday
- Windwitch by Susan Dennard (read)
- The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich (read)
- Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst (read)
- Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh (read)
- Creatures of the Night Book Tag (read)
- Fall Time Cozy Time Book Tag (read)
- The Disney Book Tag (read)
- Halloween Readathon TBR (read)
What I listened to
October was filled with lots of Sleeping With Sirens, Pierce The Veil, Panic! At The Disco (I’m obsessed with LA Devotee), With Confidence and Hamilton. Here’s my current favorites playlist on Spotify:
What I Watched
I FINALLY binge-watched Stranger Things this month and I. AM. OBSESSED. This show is so good and I love these characters so, so much. The kids are so precious and I adore them. Eleven is so precious and I just want her to be happy and have all the breakfast waffles she wants. Jonathan and Nancy are wonderful and I ship them so hard. I love Will’s mom and I love the Sheriff. Eight episodes is not enough, but at least they were eight AMAZING episodes. Can’t wait for season 2!
What’s on the November TBR
I’m going to try to participate in the new Tome Topple Readathon! See the Tome Topple announcement HERE.
It’s basically a readathon in which you try to read one or more BIG (+500 page) books. There was also one earlier this year in which I read Outlander. During this one I may try to finally finish the Mistborn trilogy. But I’m also not gonna force myself – I’ll see what my mood tells me to read closer to the readathon.