Hi and welcome to a new monthly wrapup!
August was actually a pretty great month. I went on holiday to Italy and it was amazing. I saw the Amalfi Coast, which has been on my bucket list forever, and Pompei, which is just super impressive!
Readingwise, August has been pretty great for me as well. Though I guess most of that is simply because I had two weeks off which means more time for books, yay! I also kind of started a Throne of Glass re-read marathon – mostly because I am too excited about the upcoming release of Empire of Storms that I can’t focus on any other books right now. I still have Heir of Fire and Queen of Shadows to finish before September 6th, so it will be tight but I will try!
Overall, August has been good and I’m sad to see the summer almost at an end, but I’m also really looking forward to the next two months for several reasons:
- So many awesome new book releases!
- Fall weather, which means fall clothing!
But anyway, let’s first recap August:
What I read
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater (review)
- The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater (review)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany (review)
- The Deal by Elle Kennedy (review)
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab (review)
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (re-read)
- Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas (re-read)
Other blog features
Top Ten Tuesday
- 30 August 2016: Back To School – Favorite Books Set in School
- 23 August 2016: The Top Books On My TBR List Of SHAME
- 16 August 2016: Top Books With Wanderlust-Inspiring Settings
- 2 August 2016: Ten Books I’d Buy Right Now (If I Had A Fully Loaded Gift Card)
Waiting on Wednesday
- Bright Smoke, Cold Fire by Rosamund Hodge (read)
- Ever The Hunted by Erin Summerill (read)
- The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco (read)
- A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess (read)
- Twitter Goes Crazy For Ronan, New Renee and Sabaa, Publication for Zenith & a Magnus Short Story (read)
What I listened to
This entire summer has been pretty much the same music-wise: a combination of All Time Low, Pierce the Veil, Sleeping with Sirens and Hamilton.
I may have listened a bit more to Sleeping With Sirens than usual, because they played a festival in Belgium this month and I wasn’t there… So of course I had to blast their music to deal 🙂
Sleeping With Sirens – If You Can’t Hang
“If you can’t hang then, there’s the door
I don’t wanna take your precious time
‘Cause you’re such a pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty face
But you turned into a pretty big waste of my time”
And the only new addition to my playlist this month was Pvris. I love pretty much their entire White Noise album, but I think I’ve played My House the most so far.
Pvris – My House
“Never thought that I would feel like this
Such a mess when I’m in your presence
I’ve had enough, I think you’ve been making me sick
Gotta get you out of my system
It’s my house, and I think it’s time to get out”
What I Watched
Still marathoning this in preparation of the revival – I watched the entire 5th season in August.
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Finally finished season 3 and I’m both heartbroken and excited for season 4!
What’s on the September TBR
In September I first want to continue my Throne of Glass re-read marathon in preparation of Empire of Storms and then I really want to read a lot of books that I don’t actually have yet:
- Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas
- A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
So in September I’m planning to read four of my MOST ANTICIPATED RELEASES this year. Of course I am super excited. And slightly terrified. But mostly excited!