Ten Books On My Fall TBR {Top Ten Tuesday}

160927-ttt-fall-tbr

Fall is finally here! I mean, summer’s nice and all and I will miss it, but fall is definitely my favorite season. Sweater weather, fall colours, pumpking-flavored everything and Halloween! What’s not to love?

But fall is also the time for cozy indoor reading. I’m not sure why, but nothing beats reading in the fall. It’s just a million times more fun and cozy and an absolute must. So naturally, my fall TBR always seems a bit larger than usual around this time of the year. Let me tell you the ten books at the top of my fall TBR list!

FALL 2016 RELEASES

Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #2) by Leigh Bardugo

Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo

Release Date: September 27th (TODAY!)

This is only one of my most anticipated releases of this year, so OF COURSE I’m excited about this one. I loved Six of Crows and I am SO READY to dive back into the world of the Grisha!

Frost Like Night (Snow Like Ashes #3) by Sara Raasch

frost-like-night-by-sara-raasch

Release Date: September 20th

I loved the first book in this trilogy, but was a bit disappointed by the second book. Nevertheless, I’m still so eager to find out how the story ends in Frost Like Night!

Heartless by Marissa Meyer

Heartless by Marissa Meyer

Release Date: November 8th

There will be pastries. It’s by Marissa Meyer. It’s a retelling. There is a forbidden romance. These are all valid reasons to want to read this book. Yes, in that order.

A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess

A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess

Release Date: September 20th

This story has a sorcerer who can burst into flames. And… other things. I’m sure. Buuut it got me at sorcerer who can burst into flames. I need this.

The Sun Is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon

the-sun-is-also-a-star-by-nicola-yoon

Release date: November 1st

I loved Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon so I’m of course curious about her new book!

Holding Up The Universe by Jennifer Niven

holding-up-the-universe-by-jennifer-niven

Release Date: October 4th

I read All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven in January this year and to this date I still think about it regularly. So I simply must read her new book – I’m sure it will be equally beautiful and thought-provoking.

Non-fall 2016 releases

Half Bad by Sally Green

Half Bad by Sally Green

This book has been on my TBR for a while and a few weeks ago I caved and just bought the entire trilogy at once. So this is it, I’m finally starting this one this fall! Plus: books about witches just seem perfect for fall.

Written in Red by Anne Bishop

Written in Red by Anne Bishop

Another series that has been on my TBR for too long. I’m commited to starting this one in the next few weeks.

How To Hang A Witch by Adrianna Mather

How To Hang A Witch by Adriana Mather

Again: witches. More than that, Salem witches. And it’s written by one of the descendants of Cotton Mather. Perfect Halloweeny read, I think.

The Architect of Song by A.G. Howard

The Architec of Song by A.G. Howard

This is a new adult fantasy featuring ghosts. And if that’s not enough (it totally is though), it’s also written by A.G. Howard, who already wrote my beloved Splintered series, so I’m sure this will be equally creepy and atmospheric!

what books are on your fall tbr list? do we have some in common?

48 thoughts on “Ten Books On My Fall TBR {Top Ten Tuesday}

Ah, there are just sooo many amazing releases in fall! πŸ™‚ Best reading season!
      I definitely plan to binge the entire Others series after I finish Written in Red! I’m already expecting to love it so my expectations are super high though! And same for Half Bad πŸ™‚

1. Kate @ Fictional Thoughts says:

Holding Up the Universe and Heartless are on my list too. I think they are on MANY people’s lists this week. But it’s not surprising considering how great the previous books by these authors were. I’m so excited.
    I think I need to get on the Leigh Bardugo train and read some of her books. So many people are excited for the new one!

I know, both Holding Up the Universe and Heartless are so hugely anticipated, and for good reason πŸ™‚
      Yes, definitely get on the Leigh Bardugo train πŸ˜‰ I loved the Grisha trilogy, and Six of Crows was even better!

I can’t wait to read Heartless either, it sounds SO good. And even if I haven’t read Winter yet, I feel like, after all of these marvellous books, I need to automatically add Marissa Meyer’s books to my TBR! πŸ™‚
    I LOVED Holding Up The Universe, I got lucky enough to get an ARC of it, and it was such a great book, I think that if you enjoyed All The Bright Places, you will like this one as well – I certainly hope so, and I will be looking forward to your review! πŸ™‚ And The Sun is Also a Star, YES YES YES, I want to read that book as well πŸ™‚ Great picks! πŸ™‚
    Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books recently posted…A day in Zurich, SwitzerlandMy Profile

After reading The Lunar Chronicles, Marissa Meyer has become an auto-buy author for me! I wasn’t sure if it was for me before reading it, and I’m so glad I gave it a chance because now it’s one of my all-time favorite series πŸ™‚
      So glad you enjoyed Holding Up The Universe! I have really high hopes for it. Even though it’s not technically released yet, I found a copy in a bookstore last weekend so I got it and I can’t wait to read it πŸ™‚

Crooked Kingdom is one of my most anticipated books of 2016, so I’m so happy it’s FINALLY HERE! (well almost, my order is on the way so I HOPE it will be here soon πŸ™‚ )
      Written in Red has been on my TBR for too long now, so it’s time to start reading πŸ™‚ Hope to binge the rest of the series soon.

3. Sebastian says:

I totally agree that autumn is the best season – not too warm, not too cold and perfect for cozy evenings on the couch or in bed with a good book! πŸ˜€

I’m always trying to find good horror novels for the Halloween season so HOW TO HANG A WITCH is definitely a book I need to take a closer look at!

I also keep seeing CROOKED KINGDOM everywhere today so maybe I should give these books a try soon πŸ˜€
    Sebastian recently posted…[Top 10 Tuesday] Top Ten Books On My Fall TBR ListMy Profile

Yes, you captured the benefits of autumn perfectly! πŸ™‚
      I’m definitely excited for How To Hang A Witch, I’m hoping it’s a perfect Halloween read!
      Oh and I definitely recommend Six of Crows, it’s one of my favorite books πŸ™‚ Hope you’ll enjoy when you get to it!

4. Grace says:

So excited for Heartless , The Sun is Also a Star and Holding Up the Universe. I read Half Bad and liked it and I really need to get the next book. I liked where it was heading a lot. Enjoy these!
    Grace recently posted…My Fall 2016 TBRMy Profile

Yes, Eveything, Everything was amazing! I loved it so much I read it in a day πŸ™‚ And I’m super pumped for the movie coming up as well! So The Sun Is Also A Star is definitely highly anticipated.

5. Sue @ Crushingcinders says:

Half Bad is on my list too! I have just finished Heartless – was so lucky to get an ARC. It is very very good. I have to find the words to describe my feelings before I write the review – thats when you know it was special!

Haha, I know, the hype for the release of Crooked Kingdom is soo big, it’s hard not to get excited πŸ™‚ But it’s totally worth it in my view, because Six of Crows is one of my all-time favorite reads!

6. Milka@ReadReadRead says:

The Sun is Also a Star is one I am really looking forward to reading too.
    I am not sure whether I want to read Jennifer Niven’s new book – I wasn’t a huge fan of All the Bright Places or the synopsis of Holding Up the Universe, but I think I’ll wait to read some reviews for the book before I make my final decision of whether to read it or not πŸ™‚

I hope you enjoy all of these books this fall!

Thanks! I’m also SUPER excited for The Sun Is Also A Star! I loved Everything, Everything so I have high hopes πŸ™‚
      Ah if you were not a fan of ATBP then it’s probably a good idea to wait for some reviews for Holding Up The Universe! I’ve heard a few people who got an ARC say they loved it, but I’m sure there will be many more reviews to come soon πŸ˜‰

There are so many books out there and 10 is such a small number so it’s hard to include them all πŸ˜‰ At every Top Ten I read this week I found at least one I forgot!
      I liked Everything, Everything (except maybe the ending), so I’m super curious about The Sun Is Also A Star!

Ah yes, Heartless is definitely a must! But there are so many good books to read this fall, it’s hard to include them all in a top ten! I saw at least one book I forgot in almost every other top ten I visited this week πŸ˜‰
      Hope you’ll enjoy Six of Crows AND of course Crooked Kingdom!

I’m so glad you enjoyed Architect and Half Bad! I’m really looking forward to starting them soon. Ah, Croooked Kingdom! I’m currently reading it and am really loving it, hope you’ll enjoy it too! And Holding Up The Universe as well πŸ™‚

Yes, I’m counting down the days until Heartless!! And I’m forcing myself to start Half Bad this fall – it’s been on my TBR list for too long now too! I even bought the entire trilogy at once, which is something I don’t normally do, but now it’s an extra incentive for me to get started πŸ˜‰