And it’s time yet again for a monthly wrap up! #obligatorytimefliescomment
First of all, I’d like to quickly discuss my results in the Tome Topple Readathon! As you may know, I participated in this readathon, hosted by Sam at Thoughts on Tomes , which ran from June 6th until June 19th. There were basically 5 challenges:
1. Read more than one tome (500+ pages)
2. Take a graphic novel break (doesn’t need to be over 500 pages!)
3. Read a tome that is part of a series
4. Read over 500 pages in one week
5. Read an adult novel
I had planned to read 3 big books: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson and The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson.
AAAAND… I finished Outlander. Only Outlander. It took me two weeks to finish this one. TWO WEEKS! It was huge. With a little tiny font. Seriously teensy tiny…
But even though I only finished 2 of the 5 challenges, I’m still pretty happy. I’ve been wanting to read this book for ages and now I finally did. On to the next readathon!
Anyway, here’s what the rest of June was like:
What I read
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz (review)
- The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye (review)
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (review)
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson (review)
- Zenith Part One by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings (review)
Other blog features
Top Ten Tuesday
- 28 June 2016: Favorite Book To Movie Adaptations
- 21 June 2016: Favorite 2016 Releases So Far
- 14 June 2016: Most Anticipated Releases For The Second Half of 2016
- 7 June 2016: Why You Should Read Anything Written by Sarah J. Maas
Waiting on Wednesday
- Replica by Lauren Oliver (read)
- The Architect of Song by A.G. Howard (read)
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber (read)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany (read)
- And I Darken by Kiersten White (read)
- On classics and reading slumps (read)
- Love is Love – LGBTQ Book Recommendations (read)
What I listened to
This has actually been a pretty good music month for me. I discovered a few new bands/artists and even though they are actually already existing for a while and I am just very late to the party, I am super excited about them. It’s been a long time since music actually made me feel this excited.
All Time Low is a band I actually already knew and had some songs of, but last month I actually rediscovered them. I played their old songs and their new songs and I discovered this collaboration where the voice in the chorus intrigued me…
All Time Low – A Love Like War (feat. Vic Fuentes)
So I looked up Vic Fuentes and discovered… Pierce The Veil. I’m currently still going through all their cd’s and discovering a new favorite every day. But King For A Day is the one I have played the most this month. I think I also pretty much watched the video clip at least once a day. Seriously. I love it that much.
Pierce The Veil – King For A Day (feat. Kellin Quinn)
That song is also the song that introduced me to one of my new favorite vocalists, Kellin Quinn, and his band Sleeping With Sirens. Again, I’m going through all the cd’s and I’m finding a new favorite song every day. I fell in love with Kellin’s voice and I love pretty much every song, whether he’s singing or screaming. Now June was honestly a pretty bad month for me moodwise and I mostly listened to the angry song Kick Me, but you have to also listen to their cover of Iris by Goo Goo Dolls. It is heaven.
Sleeping With Sirens – Kick Me
And finally I was listening to a Pierce The Veil and Sleeping With Sirens playlist and up comes… Andy Black. Andy Black is actually Andy Biersack, the lead vocalist for Black Veil Brides, but Andy Black is his solo project. I love his voice and if I’m completely honest, I also think he is one of the sexiest men alive. Watch this video and see for yourself.
Andy Black – We Don’t Have To Dance
What I Watched
I pretty much only watched 2 shows in June:
I finally read the book, so now I also finally watched season one. And I liked it, I think it’s one of the best book to tv adaptations out there. Can’t wait for season two (though I again want to first read book two)
- Game of Thrones
This show is EPIC. This season was epic. This cast is EPIC. EPIC, EPIC, EPIC.
What’s on the July TBR
- Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
- Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson
- The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows
As usual, this is just an indication of what I think I will be reading. This will depend on my mood a lot. Also, it’s been a while since I’ve hauled some new books and I’m kind of itching for a new haul… even though I still have so many good books to read on my shelf. So yeah, we’ll see what happens 🙂